As my interest wanes............

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

AK jeff,Ba Ba Yaga, All time Jeff,Choosing life, Vikesgirl101, Alan V, Quietly leaving, Password Protected, JW facts, On the way out, BLONDIE! , Cadellin

and anyone I have not mentioned, WE NEED YOU HERE !!!!!

I have found your posts, your advice, your wisdom, your sympathy, to be literally a LIF£ESAVER ! I was so suicidal when I found this site, and all of you, and many I have not mentioned by name, have stopped me from ending my life, by your posts.

Please continue to give what you have, yourself, it is a lot to ask I know, but all of you have so much to give that is unique and so valuable, please stay on here and give hope to those leaving the terrible clutches of the Borg.

With heartfelt love,

Wobble

• Free
    Free

I agree with all above, I come and go pending on the pain.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Thanks, Wobble, I am glad this site has helped you. It was really important to me too when I was leaving behind a huge part of my life. Hope you continue to do well.

@Vikesgirl, It is amazing how similar all of our experiences were in this "religion". We all were told to think, act and even look alike. i attended a few different halls, but it was really all the same. That is why the ex-jw community is such a unique community. It is hard to explain to someone who never experienced it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Wobble

I am not going anywhere. Hope you continue to feel better.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Ballistic! What's up? I love that you still have your avatar from when you were in Texas. Listening to you attempt to say "I'm gonna open a can of whup ass on you" without a British accent is one of my most favoritest Apostafest moments.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nicely said AK-Jeff.

A sense of gratitude for getting what's left of my brain back will keep me checking in from time to time.

om

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

iv`e only been posting for a couple of months and have really enjoyed the debates and disscussions. Akjeff you are a poster who i always find myself agreeing with, you are very articulate and always to the point i for one would miss your input.

i feel i reached the same point as yourself, why should i keep searching for a god who dosent want to be found...is that because he isn`t there.

religion is a racket, all as bad as each other, though granted some are more dangerous than others.... sometimes the witness bashing gets to be a bit of a drag, but i then have to remind myself that others have had a far worse experience than myself...i was slightly burnt by it, others have been consumed in the fire.

you seem a calm guy at peace with yourself ready to face what life as to throw at you or offer, you survived religion...

stick around, you help people as everyone does on this site in many different ways.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I hear ya AK Jeff on the boredom with JW issues. I came to this forum after working out most of my JW issues for a couple years on other forums. So I've been much less active here on the JW front than I have been in the past... as it is now I mostly make smartass remarks or offer an opinion on some news story.

But don't let that fool ya, there was a time I was quite the master debater.

To be honest about the only reason I care at all about JW issues is because I still have family in.

Well, that's not entirely true. I also care because analyzing it helps me to understand the forces that made me who I am, since I was raised in.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I agree with what you're saying, AK-Jeff, but as the others here said, don't abandon the board completely. Your comments are insightful, and badly needed. Just to illustrate - there was a fellow named "Winston Smith" who posted on the board for a while - around two years - and finally said 'farewell' a few years before I came on-board.

After I was told about "Winston Smith", I went back and read many of his posts, including his farewell, and, well, I feel cheated that he's no longer visiting the board. I miss having the opportunity to chat with him. I wish he'd come back once and a while just to say "Hi!" I was VERY impressed by his words of wisdom...

Speaking of which, BLONDIE - If YOU ever left the board, it would be a GREAT LOSS!! Even tho I have successfully left the JWs, I REALLY enjoy all the topics you start, and your comments!! I sense that you've helped a LOT of people, and I think you've done so while battling your own personal difficulties. I really admire you.

This board has helped me in so many ways. Frankly, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself until I found this board - the others' stories were a GREAT reality check! Even tho I've sort-of reached that same point you're at, AK-Jeff, even tho I haven't had nearly as rough a time getting out of the religion as so many others have, I still appreciated the input, interesting experiences, and words of wisdom from members.

Buuut.... So many of the topics are starting to sound the same to me. Eventually I hope to post more information/research on various topics - but they are topics that could be controversial. They also will involve a lot of research, and I've got lots on my 'plate' already... [Translation: "I'm lazy..."]

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, Yeah....

And what Wobble said...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit