Fake Knock and Other Sneaky Tactics During Field Service

by sacolton 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

Fake street work at 3:00 am

Good grief man, what was wrong with you ??

• d
    d

I too also used the fake door knocking techinque I remeber when I gave my first field service presenation, talk about being nervous..Field service was nothing but pure torture.I'm pretty sure all of you on this post agree.I mean seriously was field service EVER fun.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The last two JWs who called at my place seemed very reluctant to press the door bell:

- like they half suspected it to be wired to a plug of gelignite!

Bill.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

If I did not feel like talking my opening line was "Good morning I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses" A sure conversation stopper Their usual response was " Not interested" But if they said " So what do you want " I was in trouble and had to think of something to say Usually I just offered the rags Oh and I never knocked very loud

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was like loosie I never heard of the fake knock until I came here, I too would knock and pray that no one answered the door. What I truly hated was the JW I was with, I could never please my partner with anything I said. I was always wrong in anything I said to the householder.

One time I actually got a bible study on the first call, I was young about 19 and I was so excited. I came back to the car and told the group the elder who was in the car was so PISSED at me. I was shocked at how upset this elder was at me. He was like "you cannot keep that call". I still to this day do not know what that was all about. He made me give him the address and he gave my study to another sister in the hall as he said I was not able to handle the study. I was near tears begging the elder to let me keep my call and he was admit that I would not keep the call. Looking back I think the elder was a little touched in the head but I was young and he was in his late 60's and very strong and looked up to in the hall. I came from bad parents who he did not like and I think it was his way of sticking it to my family to do that to me. What love in this religion. Thankfully the lady did not study long.

All it did was make me hate field service more and more. I sucked at clearly as everyone thought I did in the hall.

LITS

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their "Knocking" is getting fainter, as maybe their heart in the WT is getting fainter.

• clarity
    clarity

So unbelievable isn't it............that "gods only true organization in the whole world" could claim such control, and come up with such faulty & guilt producing teachings!!!

So much so, that it's followers are bent over and broken, from the immpossible weight of them.

To survive,.... the stoop to faking and pretence has become an 'art form'!

This is so funny now, laughed my head off. Just wish I had known these 'tools of the trade' years ago.

clarity

• Think About It
    Think About It

This threat was very funny. I too never heard of the fake knock or fake reporting of time, mags, bible studies, etc. until I came here. Knowing what I know now, I don't blame you. I was too big of a zealous fool to ever fake anything. I was actually very proficient, knowledgeable and well spoken in field service. So much for that.

This thread made me think of Steinfeld's George Costanza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit