Fake Knock and Other Sneaky Tactics During Field Service

by sacolton 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

saco...sounds like some sort of WT law covenant to me.

Ynot- I am sorry to bring back those memories. They are terrible, abusive, and should be criminal.

• babel on
    babel on

I know were off topic but this is so true, my ex wife and mother of our two boys is still a dub, unfortunately for her even after a huge protest, i was awarded dual/equal custody...... my boys are both teens now and it was very easy for them to make the fade..........lets see my buddys are having a birthday so its time to go to dads, its christmas dads, now in order to keep up she has said the elders said it's fine if they go to the Birthday just DONT eat the cake. Has any one else heard such fool as this? When I was growing up I was told in school that if there was a party, To the library......

• donuthole
    donuthole

Wow! I'm surprised how widespread the fake door-knock method is. I may have tried that once or twice but my main scam was doing the phantom return visit. I would say oh I have a return visit the next town over and when we would get to the street I would look for a house that looked empty and go up and knock on the door hoping that no one one answer, but if they did I would hit them with a standard magazine/brochure/tract presentation. I was semi-OK with the initial call but I really hated to make return visits. I was only comfortable if on the initial call they expressed extreme interest. I didn't like to return on folks that just took the literature. Of course when you are pioneering all anyone wants to do is make "calls" and I rarely had any; hence the phantom return visit. ;-)

Apart from the usual pioneer scams sometimes we would do early-morning witnessing that consisted of a laundromat route. The extreme earliness practically insisted that no one was around to actually speak to, so you just dumped the magazines, and counted the placements for a couple of hours.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Another great tactic is to say you have to go to the restroom way before break time ... they have no choice but to cut the door-to-door short. Make sure you spend a good 15 minutes in the stall.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

saco...and since you only did 2 hrs a month you only had to waste one day with this.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    A trick I was forced to employ as a pioneer was going on the Phantom Drive-by. This involved telling the driver of the car I had a "drive-by call" and then saying something like "Aww darnit! Their red car isn't here... no point in stopping. Well, I got another driveby on the other side of town if you want." Or, if there was a car there, "Uh oh! That's his wife's car! He said not to come when she was here because she can get nasty!"

Just brilliant!!!

• loosie
    loosie
    It was the pioneers who taught me how to fake RVs and Bible Studies.

How do you fake a bible study Y not?

• The Berean
    The Berean

I knew a pioneer couple who "kept up appearances" for several years by meeting with the group and then always proceeding to the field only with each other. Even though they scarcely had jobs, they claimed to be supporting their marriage arrangement in a more important manner by spending sacred time with each other. Sometimes they would be seen shopping, at home, or visiting ... but the time kept on ticking while the congregation gave freely of their resources to these seemingly dedicated "preachers of the good news." Pretty clever scam ...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hey, are you insinuating that I had no zeal???

• Gregor
    Gregor

The car group creeps up a long driveway out in the country and it's my up. As I walk through the opening in the hedge and walk up to the door I note a big chain around a tree with nothing attached to the end. I see a food bowl the size of a dish pan with flies all over it. There are giant turds all around the yard. The front door looks like it has been clawed by a grizzly bear. Without even thinking about it my footsteps turn to tip toes. I stop in front of the door and listen. Somehow I know that if I push the doorbell I will wish I hadn't. I decide that these folks will just have to die at Armageddon. I silently return to the car group and get in. "Not interested" I mumble. We go for coffee and donuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit