Fake Knock and Other Sneaky Tactics During Field Service

by sacolton 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, I hated "Field Circus". I don't like bothering people on Saturday mornings about the latest Watchtower & Awake magazines and try to convert them from their religon to become a Jehovah's Witness. So, what I did was just wait until the group passes by and fake knocked. Sometimes I would just stand there for awhile and admire their decorations. I didn't even really keep track of the "NH" addresses. Driving around aimlessly to kill time (pretending to look for an address) or spending an extra 15 to 30 minutes on break.

Happily, I never converted anyone.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The only thing I converted was the breakfast burrito at McDonalds...

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm proud to say that I've never had a bible study with anyone! And I was the queen of the fake door knock or bell ring until my mother busted me

nj

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Ah yes, the Fake Knock. Unfortunately, you either have to be alone or going door to door with someone else in on the fakeness.

A trick I was forced to employ as a pioneer was going on the Phantom Drive-by. This involved telling the driver of the car I had a "drive-by call" and then saying something like "Aww darnit! Their red car isn't here... no point in stopping. Well, I got another driveby on the other side of town if you want." Or, if there was a car there, "Uh oh! That's his wife's car! He said not to come when she was here because she can get nasty!"

• undercover
    undercover
    Happily, I never converted anyone.

I didn't either...I only had a couple of Bible Studies in all those yeasr as well.

I never called it fake knocking, I just knocked lightly. I figured if they were awake and nearby, then they'd hear it and come. If they couldn't hear it, then well, they were either asleep or in a part of the house that would mean it was too far to come to the door.

Rationalization...the last refuge of a cognitive dissonant mind.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was never fake. It's not in my make up, so I ended up sweating bullets and hoping that the HH wasn't home.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I take that back. I did lie to them and say that we were encouraging Bible reading and were not here to change their religion. I knew that was a lie and it didn't set well with me.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

The fake knock. I had that one down.

We would often make the "knocking motion" with our arms, and lightly hit the ground with our shoes, so as it sound as though we were actually knocking. Only for the benefit of the other B&S walking by.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Reniaa would be so proud of us.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Reniaa would be so proud of us.

Does she even go out in service? With all the time she spends on here, I doubt it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit