Fake Knock and Other Sneaky Tactics During Field Service

by sacolton 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

My city had loads of flats with intercoms. Lots hated talking into them so it was easy to volunteer to do all the buzzing. As you couldn't hear a ring it was so easy to fake! Ahhh, those were the days......

• undercover
    undercover

You can log more time here...why waste all the silly time driving to and from the hall and the territory. Just log on and wham! you're countin' time...

• White Dove
    White Dove

My zeal came in spurts as the guilt caught up with me. Between spurts of righteousness, I'd do stuff like make out with a boy (one time) in the woods behind the school and drink rum in the girls' bathroom at school that a friend brought. I also smoked pot when in college. Each time I did something that was a huge NO NO, I went back to being a zealot full steam ahead.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ah yes the fake knock and the fake pushing of the door bell

• sacolton
    sacolton

Spurts? Ewwww!

• VIII
    VIII

Fake knock

Fake ring

The fake knock got tricky if you had someone with you. You could distract them by asking if you thought you saw someone they knew down the street and pretend to ring the bell. That usually worked. Distract them with hormones.

Or, knock very quietly. The worst was when knocking softly and the homeowner still came to the door. Then asked if you indeed knocked and why it was so soft. Ugh.

I hated FS. Just hated it.

• babel on
    babel on

as if you could somehow make up for the badness with your works.........Sad so sad but true JW thought process, thats what not having Jesus as a true savior does to you! You either feel guilty all the time or quit giving a crap like so many have!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it was all such a waste of time. I never got a bible study from the years I knocked on doors. At best a RV for a few weeks

• babel on
    babel on

Thats why they stay depressed all the time, most JWs i know eat a bowl of prozac with milk for breakfast! A bible study and a conversion of someone means your really doing it right! When you do you get treated diffrently! i can't tell you how many times I heard "brother so and so has 5 bible studies and he has brought so many people into the truth", it makes me sick to think about it! When you try just as hard and just can't seem to get anywhere..........and now looking back, I don't have anything to be sorry for......well once I was dating this "worldly" girl and was told to break it off or else! She and I did'nt work out but she started coming to the meetings for me! Of course she realized that I was not the best of associates...she still goes.....I feel bad about it! I swear more conversions are done in the bedroom than in the field ministry!

• loosie
    loosie

I never fake knocked. I never knew about it until I came here. I would knock and pray they didn't answer the door.

I never had a bible study :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit