As a Child, Which Did You Think About More?

by BabaYaga 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Never thought about the Big A. Not once. Nor the Great T.

I was extraordinarily selfish and focused only what the Paradise could do for me. Looking back, I'm more than a little embarassed.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ha!!! Tex, you precious and wonderful OL' SON OF A GUN!!!

You shouldn't be embarrassed by this... it makes me grin big time. I'm happy you are our exception to the majority, here! Check your PM box in a bit...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Ha!!! Tex, you precious and wonderful OL' SON OF A GUN!!!

You shouldn't be embarrassed by this... it makes me grin big time. I'm happy you are our exception to the majority, here! Check your PM box in a bit...

There are a lot of things I would change about my younger self. I used to be a cocky little jerk, who shot his mouth off on subjects about which he knew nothing.

If I could change one thing it would be empathy towards others. But then I'd really like the 6 pack abs and 32 inch waist he used to have . . . .

Chris

• flipper
    flipper

BABA YAGA- Excellent thread ! I thought more about the Armageddon alleged battle because the WT society drove it into our heads that we would not HAVE a chance to live in an alleged paradise if we didn't survive Armageddon first ! So like all witnesses - I was trapped by fear of the big A and made to feel guilty if I didn't do enough to be worthy of living in Paradise . Really weird now that I look at it.

After the 1975 debacle I just kind of kept my eyes open to see if Armageddon would ever come. I started losing my fear the more years that went by with nothing ever happening. By the time I was in my 40's in the end of 1999 I pretty much kind of doubted to myself any of it was real. Finally exited in 2003 - freddom without fear now is fantastic ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Kudra
    Kudra

I was afraid that my dad wasn't going to make it through Armageddon.

At a "theocratic" themed party that I went to as a kid we were talking about something that led to discussing my dad and I started crying about it.

jeez. This is NOT normal for children.

Thank fucking god my dad was NOT a witness.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I definitely focused on the destruction. I mean kicking beach balls against elephants and endless picnics is nice, but the real reason kids even paid attention to this stuff was the fiery hail, the people getting killed by Jehovah. He was one scary muther-trucker.

I remember trying to help Mom quit smoking. I didn't know it was so she could keep step with the WT organization, but it's good to quit anyway. My siblings and I would tell her how the cigarettes were evil Satan sticks that would get her destroyed along with the rest of the people that didn't listen, that was unless the cigarettes killed her first.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was terrified of the dark because Satan was the god of darkness and that is where demons will attack you. I was afraid of going to sleep at night sometimes because of fear of dreaming of demons.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I used to pack a bag evreynight for awhile when I was seven and sit on the top bunk staring out the window waiting for a sign it was happening surrounded by my stuffed animals for comfort.I guess I got tired of waiting....

• White Dove
    White Dove

I did watch the sky a lot for the bloody moon and falling stars. I gave up on that idea after a while.

• Marlene
    Marlene

"kicking beach balls against elephants....."

HAHAHAHAHA! Classic. Mind if I use that one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit