As a Child, Which Did You Think About More?

by BabaYaga 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Petting baby animals in Paradise, or the fiery rain of Armegeddon?

I can tell you which one I thought about every single day. Armegeddon absolutely terrified me. While I was waiting for the school bus to come, I used to pray to Jehovah not to make Armegeddon come that day while I was at school and away from my Mommy.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Definately the big A - I always thought it would come while I was at school and because my parents always told me that because I was little Jehoover would judge me according to what kind of witnesses they were, I thought it meant that they had to be with me when it happened.

So I was scared that my parents wouldn't be around to protect me from Jehoover's wrath!

That was when I was around 5or 6 then I wised up and figured it was all BS havn't been scared since.

nj

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was scared spitless of being burned alive on a stake with a Bible chained to my chest. Those pictures of old Bible martyrs scared me more than anything else could. The Malawi brothers and sisters being tortured in the '70's made me wonder if I could be as faithful. That was in elementary school. In jr hs I found out about the Nazis and how they tortured the JWs. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to be faithful and live forever. The fact that we would live forever and never stop learning never settled well with me as a kid. I knew there was a limit on what could be learned on earth.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Definately Armageddon.

I remember terrible nightmares. I used to sleep with my bedroom light on almost every night. I'm a bad sleeper to this day and I think it's because I learned to sleep with one eye open all the time....

• yknot
    yknot

In this order:

Surviving through Armageddon with my intergrity to Jehovah intact.

Teaching newly resurrected ones and sharing my story of Big A survival.

Petting the animals.

(((( Am I the only one whose congregation stressed that our "work" would continue through the new system? ))))

• White Dove
    White Dove

I never feared Armageddon because I never saw myself as being killed in it. I feared men killing me much more. It was real and in the news all the time at the khall. Armageddon just wasn't real enough. I

• White Dove
    White Dove

When I was a kid, I often thought about killing myself so I could skip over the part where our faith would be tested and we'd be tortured. I knew that I'd wake up in the new order.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I never really pictured myself in paradise. Armageddon was always real to me, though.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I wasn't sacred of Armageddon. I knew I would live through it. In fact, I thought it was going to be so cool to watch it happen!

On that note, I was also a hugely arrogant brat who thought I was better than everyone else both in and out of the Dubs.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I didn't consciously think much about either but the big A featured heavily in my nightmares.

Thanks for the memories WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit