As a Child, Which Did You Think About More?

by BabaYaga 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Wow, I'm so glad I wasn't a child being raised in the Jehovah's Witnesses 'religion'! Those poor kids! Whew. I have great-nieces and great-nephews who are being raised as JWs. I don't know what they think or how they feel about paradise and Armageddon - - I see them so seldom, because I disassociated myself from the Witnesses over twenty years ago, and, of course, am considered apostate by my sister, brother-in-law, and my nieces. (If I run into them at a store or something they are very nice, but as far as socializing goes, it's a no-no to them.) I know there are other churches that teach hellfire to the congregants. I remember something like that in a so-called worldly church when I was a kid, which seemed cold and callous like the Armageddon teaching. I feel so bad for you who were so constantly exposed to the Armageddon stuff and for what it did to you all! It's a horrible thing to do to children - - adults, too - - but, especially children! No wonder you had night terrors and nightmares and were afraid to go to sleep! What a so-called religion! It's just another cult, that's all.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I never saw myself in Paradise. I could see everyone else there, but me. It was that way from the time I was three years old. The Kingdom Hall was where I was taken into the back room and spanked. In my eyes, that meant God saw how bad I was.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

It seems that most of us would probably still be thinking of the big A if we were still dubs. What a way to control people! Put that fear into their hearts. Just one question Babba, honey, where is the love?

Kit

• Heaven
    Heaven

I used to have dreams about what it was like right before the Big A happened. All this light shining down through the clouds and a big booming voice from the heavens saying "And the nations shall know that I am Jehovah!"

As I got older, into my teen years, I figured I was dead at Armageddon with no resurrection because I couldn't accept being subjugated. I used to worry I would drown or be swallowed up by the earth at the Big A. I figured my death would be over pretty quickly. And since JWs don't believe in Hell, that would be it. I'd just be a goner. I accepted that.

• jam
    jam

Interesting, several have stated that surviving the big A are making too paradise was questionable.

I believe down deep many are not sure if they are going to survive, why because they are trying to

live a perfect life, which is impossible..IT,s funny, if you ask someone in the traditional religions, there

is know doubt if they are going to heaven or paradise.SO THAT belief ," believe in the Father and Son

all will be saved" sure make it easy for ones life . Unlike the JW, you can attend all 5 meetings weekly,

get over 100hrs in service, no stealing,no blood,no college,no fornication almost everything a normal

human might experince in his or her life time. After you have kept your self clean from all these devises

one is still not sure if he or she will make it...

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Wow, we put one foot in the grave from birth on, huh? And we used to make fun of worldly people that said they were going to be happy in heaven when they died.

• crapola
    crapola

Armegeddon!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

These responses continue to amaze me! Thank you all so much for your replies!

Jam said: IT,s funny, if you ask someone in the traditional religions, there is no doubt if they are going to heaven or paradise. SO THAT belief, "believe in the Father and Son all will be saved" sure make it easy for ones life . Unlike the JW, you can attend all 5 meetings weekly, get over 100hrs in service, no stealing,no blood,no college,no fornication almost everything a normal human might experince in his or her life time. After you have kept your self clean from all these devises one is still not sure if he or she will make it...

Jam, this is profound. I think you are right... it does seem that those in other Christian faiths have no problem with being comfortable in the faith that they will be rewarded after this life.

That goes along with the ongoing idea that as a JW, it doesn't matter how much you do, it can never be enough.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When I was kid I was more intune to playing outside than anything else....

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The Big A. Not knowing if I was going to survive, what else could I think about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit