by George Yurich 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi george

welcome

ql

• reniaa
    reniaa

someone who has lost his sense of reality in his hatred.

Reniaa

• horrible life
    horrible life

Reniaa, I have lived the reality, of child abuse. Others have also. Please say no more, of a subject you know nothing about. I am so happy for you, living a perfect life in the JW's. I wish I was as lucky as you.

So, unless you have walked a mile in our shoes, you should have no more comment about this subject.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I know a lot about child abuse having seen it in the world around me what I don't like is people putting the evils of men onto one group. You know what! if all Jw's were wiped out tomorrow do you think child abuse would end? Of course not. It's childish to blame a reality of mankind on the witnesses but it is a first step in demonising them. In the past this type of propaganda was used to work up ignorant people who then went on to do attrocities on the group they were made to believe did these things.

Goto africa and look at children suffering from Aids and not getting drugs from money hungry drug companies or governments to prolong their lifes or the sweatshops in china with children working in them and then come back to me. /sigh

Reniaa

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Please people don't rise to the bait. Virtually every thread here lately has turned into a Reniaa fest, please not this one too.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I was raised as a JW and definitely NOT abused. So were most of my friends growing up.

There is so much that is wrong with JW's. The children of JW's are not allowed to do so many healthy and normal things out of regard for the Governing Body's teachings on what it means to be "faithful".

I think most JW kids go through a great deal of angst in their lives at some point in the future due to the JW indoctrination.

However, both the tone and the content of the original poster is absolutely wrong. Not only that, but such rhetoric serves as a dis-service to those who continue to expose JW's for the legitimate reasons that exist.

To be sure, there are many documented cases of child abuse, and these should not be minimized. But the all or nothing approach of this thread and poster is not accurate or correct.

To those who have been abused, it is unfortunate, and my sympathies to you and best wishes for your recovery. But individual parents must shoulder the majority of the blame. Abusive parents look for justification for their nuttiness, and can take any innocent statement to their own malicious ends.

As a group, JW's do not endorse or promote an abusive way to raise children. The damage is done through indoctrination. But as "abuse" is traditionally understood, it is not institutionalized.

Again, threads like this are the other extreme of viewpoints that do not advance why JW's are dangerous. They are, but not for the reasons listed in this thread.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thank you for pointing this out, Mickey Mouse.

I'm not even a huge Michael Jackson fan. But I guess the MJ children going to the KH picture, and with MJ's past abuse with his father, and my past abuse with my parents, threads in the past about other posters bouts with discipline and spanking, even death, such as Laree Slack, at the hands of her parents, has got me in a stupor.

I need to get out of the house, and breathe some fresh air.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

all religion is mind control, some are more extreme than others. for all those who belive the jw`s are the most evil.....

you need to grow up big time.....

i respect your pain and anger, but x jw`s do not have the monoply on suffering....

pedophiles seek out groups like the witnesses,mormons etc, etc, they even become social workers, priests, etc, most parents even jw`s are doing what they think is best.

is a jw any worse for teaching a child that if they are bad they wont get to live in a paradise, than a catholic teaching a child they will not go to heaven, but go to hell fire....

i think alot of xjw`s need a reality check, evil is everywhere...down with all religion i say, and good luck to all those who want to belive in god.

• Deceived
    Deceived

I had a Horrible life growing up as a Jehovah's witness. My parents meant well and they would not have thought of it as child abuse. They thought they were saving me and doing something good for me. So I would say it was not abuse in that they were trying to be loving with what they thought was right for us and me.

On the other hand I had NO childhood, no friends, no fun, just constant meetings, assemblies, door to door witnessing and being the object of abuse and teasing from the kids at school. I grew up very unhappy, had no self esteem and ended up pretty well ruining my life trying to get away from it.

Other kids in my congregation had a nice life and nice parents who tried to make life fun for them. Mine were the all or nothing type people. No fun for us until the New system comes. Well its 40 years ago that i left my parents house and they are passed away and still NO New System. That upsets me as life could have been so much nicer if I/we didn't have death and destruction hanging over our heads all our lives.

I don't blame the parents but I do blame the WTBTS for their death and destruction fear of dying messages if you don't do what they say

By the way I haven't been on here for over a year. Somehow I got booted out of JWD accidently and couldn't find my password and no one got back to me when I wrote tech support. I finally got back in yesterday with a whole new sign up. I sure missed it here.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    However, both the tone and the content of the original poster is absolutely wrong. Not only that, but such rhetoric serves as a dis-service to those who continue to expose JW's for the legitimate reasons that exist.

Thank you, Jeff. I agree.

Anybody who is a JW is insane and psychotic and incapable of logical and analytical thinking.

This line is offensive. There are a lot of intelligent, logical people on this board who at one time chose to be JWs. We thought we had researched thoroughly. We were ignorant of cult indoctination techniques and proper fact-checking methods. We have chosen to leave precisely because we are capable of logical and analytical thinking. More will leave whenever they personally have the oportunity for unbiased reasoning.

What are you hoping to accomplish by being spewing such a hateful attack on sincere people who are being misled?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit