• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Heck,

RSVP

Sorry I cannot attend but please accept this wedding gift

on behalf of my husband and myself.

Christian Love,

Mr and MRS AK-Jeff!!!

Send them Crisis of Conscience for a wedding present.

purps

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Purps, maybe Mrs. Jeff wants to avoid that. She can send a check for $1.99 and say that Mr. Jeff includes some book, but it's wrapped and she doesn't know what it is.

• flipper
    flipper

JEFF- Sorry you are being dissed this way. It's no fun, been there done that, am there am experiencing that. However just consider the source that is involved - they are all under the influence of " cult mind control " - your relatives included. They really are mentally ill in a way. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ssn587
    ssn587

what you should do is send them a subscription of play boy or hustler, or better yet send it to them addressed via their local kingdom hall. The wife should at least send them a note back telling them not to insult her by their actions, and tell them do to the insult, she and you are declining to attend.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I would assume that the decision on who to invite was made by the parents of the bride and groom. Perhaps there was some contention that the nephew would have invited both of you... maybe?

I like Josie's response. Polite and straightforward. I would include a check, signed by Mr. AK-Jeff.

I would be very kind to diffuse whatever notion they have that you are impolite toward your nephew and his soon-to-be wife. I assume you haven't met her, so you have the opportunity to make a good impression with her.

Then they will be expected to send a Thank You. It would be interesting to see if it is just brief or if they try to preach something.

Anyway, maybe you can think of being kind as pouring gasoline on the self-righteous SIL.

B the X

• cawshun
    cawshun

I like the idea of sending them COC as a wedding gift, it may be the best gift they ever receive.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is precisely what the "weird stuff" category is for on ebay.

This would make a nice gift, or maybe this.

Seriously, I love the idea of the cheque signed by MR AK Jeff.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Mickey mouse,

It's good to know that there are quantity discounts available for the inflatable thingy.

B the X

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

@ Billy, did you happen to see the links at the bottom of the page to some of the other stuff "rubberfusion" has for sale?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    It was not sent to 'Mr and Mrs AK Jeff' - but only to my wife.

Maybe you should send them a photocopy of the page out of the book Etiquette for Dummies where it says doing the above is very impolite.

I may be able to provide a scan if you want!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit