I have been SERIOUSLY dissed yesterday!

by AK - Jeff 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't even know if 'dissed' is a word still in use these days. But it fits in this case.

We just rolled in from vacation, got our first mail delivery since getting back yesterday. In the stack of mail was an envelope with a card. The return address was from one of my nephews in Kansas. We used to babysit this kid [30 years ago now] when he was 3 or 4 years old. His parents moved the family to Kansas many years ago, and we have been able to see them only occasionally over those decades.

The parents [my wife's sister and BIL] have long ago 'cut me off' - due to my exit from the bOrg. They have maintained friendly relationship with my wife however, as she [though as much out of the 'truth' as I am] has not officially DA'd yet. I like my BIL, though would rarely be interested in walking across the street to piss out a fire if my SIL was flaming. I also like the nephews, and hoped that the bOrg mentality would not prevent general familial kindness.

I was wrong about that idea about familial kindness! The card was a wedding invitation. My nephew is getting married to a 'sista' in Kansas. Of course the invitation is purely protocol, as they would not likely expect anyone from this area to attend, especially aunts and uncles who have not been around them for decades. The card was addressed to my wife, as was the invitation. My name was not even mentioned. It was not sent to 'Mr and Mrs AK Jeff' - but only to my wife. It was not even addressed to her in her formal name as Mrs AK Jeff - they used her given first name. Tacky in itself!

Anyway - just another example of the silly duplicity these people employ. My wife and I are being judged in the matter by the 'official standing' we have with a book publisher in Brooklyn. Because she is still officially a Jw - she was invited. Because I am not - I was excluded.

Funny thing is - likely my wife is far more militant in her hatred of anything Jw than I ever dreamed of being. She has even debated at times whether or not she would attend her mother's 'memorial' when she eventually dies, should it be held at the KH. She hates the religion that badly.

Of course, I would never travel such distance to attend a sales-presentation disguised as a wedding anyway. But it was insulting nonetheless that a wedding invitation would be extended to my wife as if I am dead. Of course they view me that way, but she doesn't. So in a way, it was just as insulting to her.

I was seriously dissed - but not seriously offended by this, just in case anyone wants to try to 'comfort' me. I am not feeling injured, but just wanted to share how far these idiots take things.

Just another moment in which I look back and say to myself 'What kind of numb-brained fool was I?' to have acted/thought/believed such unkindness and duplicity to be "Christian" to begin with?

Jeff

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I hear you, Jeff. It's unbelievable. It sounds like your nephews have been fully indoctrinated. I'm sorry about that.

• cognac
    cognac

That's terrible! How did your wife react to this?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

She made no comment after reading the invite. Just threw it back in the stack and left it lie. She would never consider attending without me anyway.

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jeff you works wit da Debal!!..

Debal workers can`t go to JW Weddn`s..Cause dey always brings da Debal wit them!!..

.................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a feeling that they really don't expect Wifey to attend but are trolling for a wedding gift.

Josie

• Open mind
    Open mind

Oooh. I think Josie might be onto something. Too bad you're not a bit more financially flush.

YOU, not your wife, could buy them a REALLY expensive (several thousand dollars worth) gift that they would really like to have and see what their response is.

Would they:

1. Give it back?

2. Keep it but not "communicate" by sending you a thank-you card?

3. Return it to you.

If they're uber-loyal, they'd return it and be on the next assembly part telling about how they successfully passed another trial from Satan.

Sorry to hear this mini-Chapter from the book of real JW life.

Take care Jeff,

om

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I would not send them a gift.

• cognac
    cognac

I would send them a card from only you and not your wife that simply says: "By this, all will know you are my discipes, if you have love among yourselves."

• nelly136
    nelly136

what josie said, perhaps you and mrs jeff could treat yourselves to a nice bottle of wine or a night out together on the money you would have probably spent on a gift under nicer circumstances, and raise a glass to not having to go to an 'orrible barn dance or whatever it is they do for kicks these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit