What Works Best on Exposing JW's? All of the above....

by AllTimeJeff 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There are some days when I log in here and because of my own views on Governing Body dogma (which is, its a big smelly stinky wet pile of shit), I find myself writing essays about subjects concerning how nutty their doctrines really are, how weak they are. So I do these expose's and at the end of it, I feel better, because I know, (I KNOW!) that the Governing Body are cynical liars, and that their doctrine is total crap.

I know this is good for those who actually care enough to take up the GB on its offer to "study the deeper things", might question what they find, and want some other info... Thats how it started with me...

LATELY HOWEVER....

This other way, where you simply mock JW's.... When I first came here, I was pretty sensitive to that. It seemed so easy to me....

However, I do get it... I don't like mocking the sheeples too much, because I know they are totally tricked. On the other hand, many like being tricked, and their positions, and whatever "perks" they get out of it. Some just like being self righteous, or mindlessly spewing out WT articles, or catch phrases like "Where else will we go?" or "Preaching = saving lives!" or "The GB rocks!" or "Why is the PO's wife such a bit*h?"

(ok, the last one no one talks about too much...)

The further I get in my post JW life, I find I am less tolerant of the JW company line, and frankly, the less understanding I am of the sheeples that are spiritual zombies. I don't want to lose me caring for them, but I don't have it in me to care THAT much.

Lately, I am tired of being politically correct. It's not that I won't debate as respectfully as I can, because I really do believe we are all entitled to our beliefs... (no matter how wrong BTS is.... lol) But I tire of a mindset I have had since I can remember that essentially taught me that I have to put up with a certain amount of bullshit from people. I can accept that all of us are full of BS in our own ways... But certain instances.... I must be getting old and grouchy.... I just find it harder not to go off....

Anyway, I am just writing right now.... But thats what I think about lately.

The longer I am out, and the more JW residue I see on me and my personality, the less tolerant of it I am.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jeff,

What took you so long?

Farkl

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Farkel, it has everything to do with this: For me, if I can put up with JW BS, I can (and have) put up with everyone's...

I don't see anyone cutting me a break because I happen to grace the same continent they walk on. If I see BS, I have to call it out...

That isn't to say I can't (and won't) be patient where I can, but sometimes, it just isn't called for.... (duh)

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    The longer I am out, and the more JW residue I see on me and my personality, the less tolerant of it I am.

That's the way I feel, Jeff. And I've been out a long, long time. I hate the JWs. I am not tolerant at all anymore. I have become LESS tolerant since I've been on this board. I more or less told my uncle in an email that he was full of shit. ( I didn't use those words but I made it pretty clear that I didn't want to hear his preaching anymore) I'll probably never hear from him again and I DON'T CARE!!!!!!! I don't need that stuff in my life in any way , shape or form. I was tolerant of my extended family JWs as long as my mother was alive. But NO MORE! If that 's all they can talk about and if they don't want to hear about MY LIFE and MY CHRISTMAS with my family and my daughter's MISSION TRIP to Cambodia then to HELL with them!!!!! They're in my way of leading a free life.

If I ever see another JW at my door again I'm going to give them a hard time too. Especially if they have children.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Jeff,

This is probably a little off topic, but I turned 30 recently. About a dozen of my friends and I went out to celebrate. None of them know about my JW past. I got phone calls from a lot of other friends I've made in the four years since I left the WT. My phone was pretty busy, yet, there wasn't a single phone call from my family, of course. For the first time since I've been "out," I viewed that as strange. Here was a major milestone in my life, and yet it's as if it never happened.

I guess it goes to show how far I've come in shedding myself of the old JW mindset. My instincts have begun to change. When I became inactive, I'd feel uncomfortable the first few times I walked into a bar, smoked cigarettes, celebrated holidays, etc. My JW instincts were still there. I specifically remember one night when I couldn't sleep well and woke up the next morning overcome by guilt because I had gone out and partied the night before. It was the same feeling I got when I was a dub when I knew I had done something "wrong" and needed to confess to the elders (The next day, by the way, I posted a topic about it on here and received some pretty good advice). Those days are pretty much over.

I can see what you mean about being less sensitive to the nasty remarks aimed at JWs on the board. I still think it's counterproductive, but I'm not much bothered by it on a personal level anymore. I'm less sensitive to the reasons people who choose to remain JWs give, even though I conducted a several-year-long fade for a lot of those same reasons.

The bottom line is that the more time we spend away from JWs, the less JW remains is in us. I completely understand where you're coming from on that front.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Once I have exposed a JW for lying to me, and they have had the opportunity to do whatever it takes to sort the matter out one way or the other, they are fair game.

I don't take shit from them.

They lied to me. If they start on something else I just bring up the original problem.

Cheers

Chris

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    They lied to me.

Bingo, Black Sheep!

Enjoyed your post, Jeff.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    They lied to me.

I can't get past that either. It's the root of my anger. My whole childhood and adolescence was a big hoax!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I was wondering what kind of group could there be composed of people who really wanted to find answers to life's deep questions and who were simultaneously willing to listen to the challenges of others?

If there were people really into that kind of thing, I could back that.

• chickpea
    chickpea

same here....

THEY lied to me!

i hate these liars because they misinform
    maliciously and with great abandon
    and major life decisions are made
    based on that misinformation....

right up there with pedophiles in
    my estimation... ruining lives
    with a capricious callousness

wankers