Everybody say hi to my husband...

by cognac 89 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Hubby wants to know if there are any forums for JWs with apostate mates? Anyody know?

Find a niche and fill it. Throw in some ads, and you've got yourselves an extra income. Jehovah provides, right?

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Cognac's husband. If you are looking here, you are not as strong as you think. Happy reading.

Blondie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Oh, by the way:

Have fun in service sweetie, I will be sleeping in!

You should obey the scriptures, be a good wife, and show your husband the benefits of participating in the "sleeping in" thing. Afterwards you can make him a breakfast of steak and eggs.

You could show him a whole new meaning to the word "service".

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My hubby says hi back. He's not a jw, thank the Lord.

Josie

• sacolton
    sacolton

The Governing Body will not like you visiting "apostate" websites, but we welcome you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi and Welcome, cognac's hubby! Why don't you sign up and contribute? We'd love to hear from you.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Hello there Cognac's hubby!

I hope you know your wife loves you!

I thought I had to save my family when my hubby had doubts. The more I tried to defend the "truth", the more God showed me what I was up against. My faith was strong too! But there were always little things that nagged at me. In trying to remain in the "truth", God showed me a scripture in a new way, as I cried and poured out my heart. The same scripture the Society uses to keep people in. "Lord, who else has sayings of everlasting life?" to paraphrase. It was WHO not WHERE as the Society always said "where else would we go?". The Society wasn't the be all end all of God calling us. Leaving them didn't mean leaving Jehovah.

That was my chink in my armor. God knew where it was, and when I was ready, he broke it open and let me have a more personal, reliant relationship with him. He does draw those he wants. It just may not be how we think it will happen! He is not slow, he is patient. He takes his time to mold us and show us the way. I hope you find a happy life for your little family, no matter what either of you believe. You are a couple who has God's love and blessing. Don't ever let anyone tear that away from you. Getting married "in the truth" makes religious belief the cornerstone of many relationships. But I am sure you didn't marry your little sweetie for just that! All those other great traits are still there! Don't forget that as you both come to terms with this change in your marriage. Be open. Be honest. Don't be afraid to talk...not argue...but talk about what bothers you or ask each other why you believe certain things. (TMI but I'll put it out there. Hubby had doubts, but my reactions caused him to clam up and not discuss it in order not to offend me. I finally decided I really wanted to know what he was thinking, and climbed in the shower with him one day! The intimate atmosphere makes talking in sincerity and love much easier to accomplish! Don't forget the honest, humble and hungry spirit. You must have it in order to listen and really understand what your partner is thinking and going through. It was the best conversation we could have had!)

All my best and happy wishes for you both!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hi, Cognac's husband...nice to have you aboard. Oh, and being that you're supposed to fear apostates, "BOO!"

Did I scare you?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Dude! Have you kissed enough ass to be "appointed" yet? Doesn't seem right, does it?

I really hope you wake up so your family can enjoy the limited time we all actually have rather than wasting it chasing the dreams other men have tricked you into believing.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Is this the first or second husband?

Outaservice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit