Everybody say hi to my husband...

by cognac 89 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- By your husband telling you , " it sounds like you are in a rut " it transfers the responsibility and blame to you. In other words " because you don't understand the witnesses YOU are in the rut. " Has he ever thought perhaps HE is in the rut- just doesn't know it ? He's in a mind control cult- how could he know ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Hang in there ! It might take time for your husband to come around . The witnesses are more of a security blanket for some than it is for others . Keep your chin up

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    I got to read the letter to him, he said that "It sounds like you are in a rut."

What does that even mean?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Consider yourself at home.
    Consider yourself one of the family.
    We've taken to you so strong.
    It's clear we're going to get along.
    Consider yourself well in
    Consider yourself part of the furniture.
    There isn't a lot to spare.
    Who cares?..What ever we've got we share!

If it should chance to be
    We should see
    Some harder days
    Empty larder days
    Why grouse?
    Always a-chance we'll meet
    Somebody
    To foot the bill
    Then the drinks are on the house!
    Consider yourself our mate.
    We do't want to have no fuss,
    For after some consideration, we can state...
    Consider yourself
    One of us!

• cognac
    cognac

He is in a rut Mr. Flipper. I don't know if he realizes it or not. They treat him like complete crap at the hall. They won't appoint him to MS even though he is a really loving person.

Plus, I find it hard to believe that he can be as close to his daughter as I believe he can. The society puts a wedge between family members regarding the blood issue. I mean, the society says to kill your family members if it came down to it. How can you be very close to somebody knowing that you could one day be put in a situation where you would have to make that decision.

I must say though, I don't think he would ever let our daughter die because of the blood issue. But, he always has this religion pressuring him into making these decisions that they have him believing is the right, loving thing to do before God...

• cognac
    cognac

Blue - He sounded like he felt bad for me, like there was nothing I could do to get out of the situation I am in...

Cute poem Sacolton!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Mr. Cognac. You've got a sweetie for a wife.

Just sayin'.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Read through this thread, and I wanted to add, with all sincerity, that my wife stayed an active, believing Witness for 13 years after I left. We tried very hard to keep our marriage going, and I think we did a good job, as we are still married (26 years!). But we always had religion between us.

I never went behind her back and she did not go behind mine. Although we disagreed with each other's decision (mine to leave, hers to stay) we loved each other enough to let the other find their own way. We both bent over backwards, in reality I did more bending than she because her religion demanded more of her (just to be fair), but we really tried hard to make it work.

There were arguments, tears, more than one Watchtower was ripped apart in anger, and much to my embarassment, one phone was thrown into a wall. But we tried our best.

And in the end, after 13 years, my wife found a reason that meant something to her and she too left this sect.

I'll never win the lottery, never have lots of money but, in a way, I did win a long shot by getting her out and having us together as it was for us when we were first married (well except I've added several inches since then!).

• White Dove
    White Dove

ASphereIsNotaCircle,

You have a PM:)

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks Big Tex...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit