WHAT WAS YOUR AHA! MOMENT THATIT WAS TIME TO EXIT THE BORG?

by freewilly01 28 Replies latest jw friends

• trebor
    trebor

"I think there are 2 types of Aha moments: Intellectual and emotional."

Great point, Jeff!

Intellectual Point:

-Organ Transplants = Conscience choice --> Cannibalistic --> Conscience choice

Reseraching blood fraction brought me to the above flip-flop in doctrine. Following that I found the UN assoication and then the 607 lie. But it was really over intellectually for me once I saw the Organ Transplant flip-flop.

Emotional Point:

Shortly after the Intellectual point, finding out that the Watchtower taught that a woman is guilty of fornication and basically better off dead if she did not scream out when being raped really hurt me...I literally cried. I could not believe I would ever and have ever supported an organization that ever taught such a belief.

-Trebor

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Emotional:

My daughter would be pressured into being a publisher.

Mental:

There were several, most notably the total lack of validity to their FDS claims as their so called chronology is severely flawed.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

when i realised that i was sitting in a judicial comitee with a bus driver an insurance salesman and a janitor who were judging my soul. alot came after that but that was the tipping point.

• Robdar
    Robdar

When an elder I still care deeply about stood on the platform and told my congregation that we had to have absolute faith in the WTBTS. That we had to have such a faith that if "Mother" told us to jump off a local bridge, we would do it.

I had been having doubts about the truth for a couple of months and skipping the meetings when I could. The night before Brother M.'s big talk, with a heavy and guilty heart, I had asked Jehovah for a sign as to if I should leave the org or not.

When you ask for a sign and receive it, you should always read it.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

we had to have absolute faith in the WTBTS. That we had to have such a faith that if "Mother" told us to jump off a local bridge, we would do it.

Wow Robdar that was what was told to us last summer at the DC. I was shocked as I looked around and everyone was nodding and agreeing I knew then that something was very wrong with all of this. That was on of my moments that I realized that this could not be the truth. This is really scary.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow Robdar that was what was told to us last summer at the DC. I was shocked as I looked around and everyone was nodding and agreeing I knew then that something was very wrong with all of this. That was on of my moments that I realized that this could not be the truth. This is really scary.

It is really scary. If you were praying for a sign, I think you might have gotten it.

I see you have been around hear a year now. I am sorry that I have missed your posts and want to offer you a hug, and a very warm welcome to JWD.

• flipper
    flipper

My " Aha moment ! " was 3 elders telling me to take back a drug addicted wife thus putting my 2 witness teenage daughters at risk . Then the ULTRA AHA moment was the elder telling me to visit my daughters at a neutral location so same druggie wife wouldn't be uncomfortable with my daughters visiting our home. That pretty much did it for me. I saw the elders didn't value my children like I did. Went to my seat before the meeting, picked up my books and walked out of the kingdom hall never going back. That was 6 years ago. Freedom is sweet ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

The meeting where the article regarding "approved bible study materials" was discussed in the September 2007 KM. I didn't want to drink the kool-aid anymore.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My first moment was the when a brother was appointed an elder, even though he was having an adulterous affair. After that I knew it was just an organisation of men, but hung on for friends.

It was 10 years later that I had my next AHA moment that finally stopped me going to meetings. I was asked to appear at an elders meeting for going to a disfellowshipped friends engagement party. That was when I realised I could not look over my shoulder for the rest of my life, and it was just a matter of time before I got disfellowshipped.

I did suffer from fear and guilt at the time, not knowing what to believe and so started to do research that helped me uncover how hopelessly inaccurate Watchtower doctrine is and damaging the practices.

My therapist psychiatrist asked me WHO are you? I responded with my name and then drew a huge blank.............I had been so manipulated and controlled by guilt and social acceptance in the Borg that I really truly didn't know.........

It is interesting that during this time I came to recognise the same. I tried to do some psychiatric tests and could not answer the questions, I just had no idea of who I was or what I really felt about situations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit