Is Jehovah a true god?

by asilentone 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Spike,

He deserves our attention for nothing less than our very being. He feels our every emotion at His core, we were made in His image.

By that word 'deserves' our attention', I take it you mean as in following some ancient superstition book that has been used for centuries to control people's minds and actions by a clergy who interpret and preach from it, which as you know has led many to horrible acts of cruelty, all in the name of a jealous god, who exacts vengeance for slights against his greatness, by either those who worship him or those that worship another Deity.

As far as this god feeling our every emotion or reading our every thought, that's got to be a huge burden even if he's the number one honcho, when one considers how vast the universe is and how many different types of intelligent life forms can exist, and the fact that he has to process that information, and give rewards and punishment accordingly, I have to ask wouldn't he be better off not listening in on all that mind clutter?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Love doesn't do things just to be better off. Certainly, Jehovah epitomises that.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Spike,

Love doesn't do things just to be better off. Certainly, Jehovah epitomises that.

What's love got to do with the biblical Deity's listening to all the thoughts of every intelligent life form though out the vast universe, and rewarding or punishing each and everyone according to their beliefs in him or not. To me it seems awfully tedious, and self centered especially when belief in him seems to be the main issue.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

this is how true love manifests itself

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

SPike,

I think your answers arn't very well thought out and they lack any type of substance they are generalities to the max.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Let's be honest, Spike is talking absolute shit.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Jehovah is our One true God. Do you reject him,his son and his word?

If you do, you cannot complain if he takes you at your word.

Reniaa

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ren,

Why would god even care whether or not I reject him or not I mean if he really is the creator of this vast universe with hundreds of billions of suns with planets it would seem very petty for him to care what I think and if I believe in him or not.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I guess he's as true as ever if you believe his boast as found written in the bible,,now the thing to remember is that these boasts were a product of a fertile mind with a vivid imagination and not based on sound empirical evidence. They Imagined it all.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah certainly is fulfilling His prophecies, even now as in all the centuries past. That truth is demonstrably evident for all those willing to accept truth for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit