Is Jehovah a true god?

by asilentone 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Every god of mythology is a true god, for example ask an ancient Israelite about their god Jehovah, they'll tell you.

I worship Homerovah myself

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Ah, Homer for short? or maybe it's Hah!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I use HRVH thats Hebrew

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, of course not. He is part of an ancient mythology that caught on w the romans, displaced their old mythology. The babylonian, egyptian, greek, roman, nordic mythologies along w their gods all passed by the wayside. The jewish mythology is having it's day. We can thank paul and the other romans for stealing it and remaking it in greek and roman images. As long as you're talking GOD, you haven't found what is TRUE.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Your forgot to capitalize the T in true god and I tellin ya folks:

Ya got trouble,
    Right here in River city!
    With a capital "T"
    And that rhymes with "P"
    And that stands for Pool.
    We've surely got trouble!
    Right here in River City!
    Remember the Maine, Plymouth Rock and the Golden Rule!
    Oh, we've got trouble.
    We're in terrible, terrible trouble.
    That game with the fifteen numbered balls is a devil's tool!
    Oh yes we got trouble, trouble, trouble!
    With a "T"! Gotta rhyme it with "P"!
    And that stands for Pool!!!

Be careful and capitalize T, or the True god will wreck your work.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to answer "Is Jehovaha true god?"

I answer by using the NWT Reference Bible's rendition of John 17:3, which states:—

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

This matches the sentiment regarding Jehovah at Psalm 83:18, which states:—

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Here true means most high, in distinction, to all gods less high than the most high.

Perhaps frankiespeakin's suggestion about True, rather than true, might ordinarily have merit. However, those of us, like me, who use the NWT as the base, I believe it fair to say that the capital T is lacking in every instance in this phrase in the NWT.

It is worthy of repetition for me to mention that even the early Greek manuscripts did not use capital letters as distinct from small ones, as is standard now, nor did the concept of punctuation follow the style which we modernists may be accustomed to seeing in normal day-to-day life.

• distazo
    distazo

Hi All,

I seldomly post here, but...

It is impossible for human, to declare who is the only true God.

It's like dogs fighting with each other about the best true boss you can have. In fact, all the bosses are true :)

Let God himself declare to be true. Until know, no voice has been heard from heaven. No prophet truly can claim to be Gods spokesman.

Meanwhile, Jesus declared who his Father was. I believe that the four books, matthew, luke, john, mark, _are_ about a non-fictious person, Jesus.

So, let's hope that what Jesus according those books has said, is true.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"true" in the expression "only true God" has to do with "ultimate".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Spike,

"Ultimate" Like in the ruler of the gods? I mean I think the bible gives that type of opinion in the ten commandments. So can we rightly say he's the greatest biggest sky daddy of them all and he reigns over all other big sky dads much smaller than himself. And would this great big humongous god even care if I swore and said while raising my middle finger towards some direction which I imagined him to be "Fuck You". Would he really care would he even take time out from his busy day and devise some plane of punishment for me because I some how caught his attention and it offended him?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the Ultimate God, Jehovah, is the God of infinity, of motion and of matter and of life, of the infinitesimally small, and of the infinitesimally large Universe we all call home. Being our God, the Creator responsible for all the laws and all the matter that allow for our existence, He is infinitely aware of all that we do, all that we are, and all of the functioning or malfunctioning within us. He deserves our attention for nothing less than our very being. He feels our every emotion at His core, we were made in His image.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit