Would WT keep more young people if Kingdom Melodies sounded like this?

by JimmyPage 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

If the meetings ended like that, they would be afraid that people would bring lighters and hold them up during the prayer.

Rub a Dub

• yknot
    yknot

I think a contempory worship format along with other 'engaging' activities would help the JWs as much as it has helped other denominations when it comes to a 'younger' generation.

However the WTS just isn't there yet in accepting it's going to be in 'this system' for a long long long time. I do think perhaps in the next 25 years we might see such options.

Right now I think the new songbook is more 'show tune-ish'.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think they'd be afraid of mosh pits and stagediving.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

If the meetings ended like that, they would be afraid that people would bring lighters and hold them up during the prayer.

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/tt115/lalastarrr/emoticon/th_thlaughing-smiley-007.gif

Yiz

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Sounds like a Mike Oldfield reinterpretation of a kingdom melody.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Sounds great! Of course foolish old geezers just see this kind of rendering as taking away from the "dignity" that KM's should be afforded.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

i remember being made to feel guilty because i found most of the hymns kingdom melodies boring

• carla
    carla

Sorry, I just am not going to listen to any kh songs but I will assume that the guy put one to guitar music. On a different board a lady recounted a story of when she was a teen and her & her friends 'updated' some kh songs, just the music not the lyrics and were in huge trouble for doing so!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Wow, that guy is really good!!! (Even if it IS a Kingdom melody-one I used to like)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit