Would WT keep more young people if Kingdom Melodies sounded like this?

by JimmyPage 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

One of his other videos have some interesting comments:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with glorifying Jehovah's name through song. The problem lies with covering Kingdom Melodies/Songs and posting them on a sight such as Youtube. If you read the KM you would understand what they are talking about.

Just because it's electric guitar, it doesn't make it un-Christian. He didn't sing words that were apostate thinking, nor did he even change the song in any way. What would happen if those in paradise developed a whole new sound after 2,000 years of perfecting their musical talent? What would you think of that?

I realise this song has not singing but if you focus on that alone your missing the point. Your composition was done in a "popular style" therefore is not approved by the Faithful and discreet slave. I do want to say you have great talent and would encourage you to continue to play your guitar. But remember to focus on the ministry as first in your life.

I respect your christian stance on this unorthodox, worldly tainted Kingdom Melody songs done w/ a rock/metal over-tone. This activity is not right and is not backed by the slave class. Jehovah's praise and the protection of His names MUST always come first.

The 05 KM quotes - "A number of publishers have telephoned the branch office regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a popular style that are presently being circulated among Jehovahs Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have the organizations approval. We are aware of these recordings and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet. We trust this information will clarify matters."

We shouldnt be watching them is the point because a watchtower article clearly stated that kingdom melodys should not be set to a rock theme or other themes so i personally wont watch them.

Well the fact that there is so much debate should tell you this is not a smart thing to post! We as Gods servants MUST reflect his glory at all times. Electric, acoustic, piano or kazoo is not the issue, the problem is respect. I love playing guitar and i even once started to learn christian dedication, but felt disturbed when i started playing it like someone from the world. I have focused my energy on the ministry ( pio.) and guitar dosent hold a candle to the joy you can have when preaching.

uhh how would we be against internet if we post our publications on here?? What does this have to do with being focused on the ministry? There are brothers who have responsibilities in the congregation, have families, and full time jobs and like to have hobbies such as photography and post it on sites like flickr. wow.

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you have ALL been warned about such SITES as these. Get your facts straight. Remember the letter that was read to all congregations, regarding Youtube and Myspace? If your going to give spirtual advice, give the WHOLE advice so as to not stumble any new ones. Only Elders? All dedicated ones are obligated to make a defense in what is right. Elders are not the police.

Unless you are an Elder, you should not be giving out advice. In fact, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we have all been warned about these types of discussions. Most of the people who argue about topics such as these are usually or can be Apostates. It is very dangerous to be posting and reading discouraging posts such as the ones that are on this. As a JW.. it would be a good Idea NOT TO ALLOW comments on videos.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That was my favourite 'kingdom song' - about throwing Satan out of heaven and all that. It's got atmosphere.

What a depressing lot of comments Leolaia. Some Witnesses just don't like to see other Witnesses displaying any sort or talent or creativity.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It would take more than a Brazilian kid on the electric guitar to save Botchtower Corporation.

• shamus100
    shamus100

No no NO! NO! NO!

Turn into jehovers fundumentalist lunatics from just jobie nitwits.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There is no way I'm clicking on that. On a side note, hubby was surfing and opened up a page that had kingdom melodies as background music. I thought my computer was possessed.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hell, I would have listened to them.

It's interesting reading the comments on that page. Any individuality causes jw's to freak out.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I remember one time I got invited to a group where everyone was singing Kingdom Melodies and it was being recorded. There were some really good individual voices there, so I made the suggestion that on one song a different person should sing a line apiece for variety. An elder there shot that idea down real quick because it was totally against the Society's view of how things should be done. What a joyful gathering that was LOL!

• Edington
    Edington

Plinky plonk plinkety plonk plinky plinkety plonk plonk

Plonkety plink, plinky plonk, plonkety plinky plonk plonk

Can ya tell what tune it is yet????

I remember a letter was sent to all the congregations berating us for our lack of appreciation of the clear 'bell' like tones of the plonky piano that replaced orchestral arrangements which helped lift our lousy singing. We were told we should appreciate all the hard work put into providing recordings for us to sing to & not criticise (have an opinion) what the society provide.

Are the new song recordings still piano?

Ed

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

LOL at the comments

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they didn't keep the opposite sex out of my life and prevent me from having access to it, I would have been willing to put up with the other faults that the religion had. However, once they drove love out of my life (forever), I now realize that there will never be any reason why I would want to go back, and I am now looking at their other faults on account of that.

And, with that August 2009 Kingdumb Misery directing the witlesses to seek out men specifically, I would rather be at a tax audit than sitting at the Kingdumb Hell through that boasting session.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit