Times *I've* confronted people (strangers) for being rude...

by Kudra 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Years ago I was at a Ponderosa with my dad, who is larger than life. Anyway, this kid was whining, crying and screaming clear across the building, and my dad said with his big voice, "Somebody needs to bust that gd kid's ass!" You could've heard a pin drop; even that kid shut up. I was mortified, and the parents must've been as well, because they quickly left. People actually clapped.
    Woulda been funny if they'd brought the baby over and handed it to your dad.

The kid wasn't a baby; he was probably about 5 or 6. And it might have been funny after the fact, but I was already embarrassed enough.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My pet peeve is parents that don't watch their own children .

An example of how serious this issue can be can be illustrated by something I saw This past week while we were in Colorado on vacation . We were hiking on a trail that was on a ridge a good three hundred feet(or more ) above the canyon floor . Along the trail three small childrn were running around alone away from their parent ,ages appeared to be 8-10 yrs old ,not only was that inconceivably dangerous ,but they were throwing rocks over the edge ! If you had been a hiker below it could have been deadly . So I went over and told them firmly to stop throwing rocks and explained what could happen to someone below .....as soon as I turned around I heard another rock being thrown this time I turned and yelled at them in a very stern voice to stop it NOW . They walked off ... Later I saw the kids with an adult and I wish now I had said something to her too.

Another scary encounter happened in a neigborhood near my sons home .My daughter in law and I were driving into the housing area and out of no where a small toddler comes around the corner to the curb crying and obviously too small to be alone . I jumped out of the car and grabbed her hand before she got into the street . A neighbor lady walked over concerned too ,but she really didn't know where this girl lived either . We assumed a house close by with a fenced backyard with lots of toys was a good candidate. I carried her to the door and knocked several times , rang the doorbell a few times . We could see another young child in the house , Finally a man answers the door and appeared geniunly shocked she had been outside ,he said he had been in the basement . I was just glad she hadn't gotten hurt or kidnapped .

• Mincan
    Mincan

Don't be offended by no eye contact, many neurological disorders and psychological syndromes have this (lack of) behaviour as trademarks.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Mincan! How ya been?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit