"Life without end at last" sung at Michael Jackson's funeral

by What-A-Coincidence 14 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

"Mourners were handed lyrics to a song entitled "Life Without End/At Last" and the group sang it together a cappella. "

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20287787_20290557,00.html

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

i like that song

• Spectre
    Spectre

I'm sure there was someone who, in a shrilly vibrato voice was belting out, "YOUUUUU TOOOOOOOO CAN HAVE A PART...........".

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

This is an alternative interpretation of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMX-oUain-8

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

So a JW service for someone disassociated. I know there are loopholes that allow this. And I'm happy the Jackson's got what they wanted, even if that silly Paradise is nothing but a pipe dream. What is sad is that so few non-celebrity JW's are allowed to use said loopholes by the self serving WTBT$.

• C. T. Russell
  • rebel8
    rebel8

hurl f---ing hurl. Another reason to have a will--[in the US] that is where your final wishes are specified. The concept of my jw mother using my funeral as a wt infomercial makes me ill.

In fact I'm going to check my will and specify no dubs are to attend nor will there be any dubbish stuff going on at all.

• blondie
    blondie

I think in this case they felt the funeral was for the living jws and non-jws. I went to a funeral for a df'd jw who committed suicide. It wasn't at the KH but an elder gave the talk. It was for the sake of his family and friends who were not df'd. I see no point in being cruel.

• Scully
    Scully

rebel8... agreed!

In fact, I think I'm going to ensure that no dubs attend my funeral. I want it private, invited guests only. No announcement in the newspaper. It will be a celebration of my life by people who love and appreciate me for who I am. That does not include my JW relatives.

I'm quite certain that I won't be informed when my JW parents pass away, so the other JW relatives can claim that I didn't show up because I don't care. I'm just returning the favor.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Live for the day when you'll say--

stagnation without end, at last."

--edited to make it accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit