There is no good reason to leave

by verystupid77 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I have been thinking of this all night. Have you ever tired to tell on of the witnesses that you are happier and doing better outside of the truth?

No matter what you say it is never a good reason to leave. It just reminded me of Releasing the Bonds by Steve Hassan. On page 52 he says "from the point of view of a mind control cult there is never a legitimate reason to leave. The only people who leave are weak, selfish, or cannot control their need for sex, drugs, or other addictive substances. In the mindset of the group, people who leave are incapable of sacrificing or transcending spiritually."

I just had a conversation trying to explain that I was so much happier outside and that is the just of what I was told in a nutshell.

Reniaa will have her two cents to say about this but whatever she say just proves my point I think.

No wonder all the depressin in side the cult people really feel traped. Any comments on this?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've said I'm happier. To those thinking of leaving themselves, it gives them hope.

All the rest will just write it off as Satan fooling you, sin being fun, or whatever. That's fine because there's no way to get through their thick skulls anyway.

The only reason I think should be given for not going to meetings is, "I don't want to." IMO

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Well thats what high control groups tell each other to keep the other one in bondage and fear and within their silly little worlds because misery loves company! So if you have the guts to leave they treat you badly mostly because they are required to IGNORE that you are happy! If they dwell on that too much they might want it themselves!! So they cover their ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA !!!!! I cant HEEEEAAARRRR YOU!!!"

Its the Wizard of Oz syndrome. They are all smoke and fire and mirrors and cant do a damn thing to you if you leave...and they know it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can understand the delusion they harbor that those who leave are not happier.
    I have been depressed and seeing a therapist. Heck, it seems that I was happier inside.

But part of that is staying busy and telling yourself you are happier while you are in, staying on focus to your purpose.
    Another part of it is denying to others that you are not happy. You think "we" are supposed to be happy, so you don't want to admit to the other JW's that you are not happy.

But when you find out that your purpose is based on lies, you would be miserable in or out for some time. The one who stays in for family continues to deny it so the others don't figure out he's living the lie or the double life.

Only those that know it ain't the truth and leave are unafraid to admit their unhappiness. Not all are miserable or need therapy, but those that do are able to show it freely. The JW's see that and say, "See, nothing but misery when you leave."

Some ditch the cult standards and feel free to live a "normal" life. We all know that the JW view of a normal life is "immorality." So no surprise there.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's hard to leave when you have nothing else to go to. (remember the dubbies favorite scripture, "but father, where else shall we go? You have sayings of everlasting life?")

The sad fact is there are no answers out there that are concrete like the false witness teachings. You need to find your own path and do what is right, rather than gobble-up the spoon-fed bullshit from a cult. But if people want to follow a lot of hooey, they can do so with my blessing if need be. I'm not interested in helping those that don't want help.

In this cult, it's no different than someone who is addicted to alcohol. They will never open theyre eyes until they admit that they need help. Until that time, they are usually a lost cause.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Perhaps people need to start asking the right questions.

Example: Is there any good reason to stay?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I am a lot Happier..

I`ll never convince any JW Friends or JW Family of that though..

They are thoroughly Brain Washed by the WBT$,to believe..

That I could not possibly be happy outside the WBT$ Cult..

................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Ha! That reminded me of when my wife told my mother that I've become a better husband after we left the bOrg. That shut her up for a while.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"There is no good reason to leave"

Many people see "No Good Reason To Stay". I think this shows the lack of proactiveness within JWs. They're all waiting for the Big A. No need to plan a life... no good reason to leave.

• wobble
    wobble

Of course the "no good reason to leave" line is typical mind control propaganda, as a number of threads on here have shown,under titles like " what was the one thing that caused you to leave?" those of us who have left have all done so for what we consider to be very good reasons, and there is a vast number of those reasons as those threads show.

So anybody who says that, is in the state of not being in control of their own mind, and they need to do an open examination of the org. they are afraid to leave, not ignore the many many reasons why they should.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit