There is no good reason to leave

by verystupid77 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• alanv
    alanv

I am lookin forward to my eldest son's wedding on Aug 15th. It is mainly a witness do and I shall have great fun telling them how happy I am now and that I've been able to take early retirement. My best friend when I was a witness simply rented his house. No thought about buying it as the end was so near. If he is still renting he is not going to have a very good retirement financially. I will feel sorry for him but at the end of the day each of us has a choice, and his was to stay with the org. and he will have to face the consequentses.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

My blood pressure is way down. It was 125/79 and now it's 97/70.

The only thing that's changed in the last few months is not going to meetings.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I agree with Narkissos. I left because there was no good reason to stay. I hated meetings and field service. I hated the way many of the "friends" treated me. I was divorcing without grounds for remarrying and was facing a lonley, celibate life. And I would have stuck with it all for the belief that God would reward my faithfulness. When I figured out that God had nothing to do with this religion, why on earth would I continue to torture myself?

Speaking from the Witness mindframe, though, I never wondered if people who left might be happier. I figured they were enjoying themselves, sure. They didn't have to go to meetings, they got to do fun stuff without worrying who they might offend. I just figured they were having their reward in full now for a short time and I would enjoy mine later for a lot longer. If an "apostate" told me they were happy (never actually had the oportunity to speak to one) I would have shrugged and said, "Good for you."

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i was as miserable as sin ....(to use one of my mothers favorite expressions)... when i was a jw.

one of my good pals also an x jw bumped into a mutal friend whos still in the "TRUTH" he was miserable,

he told him to cheer up "look mate your the one whos supposed to be happy... you`ve got the "TRUTH".

its the reason why i left i was so bloody unhappy...its great being me again not trying to be something i`m not...

it feels as good writing that sentence as it did leaving almost twenty years ago.

• oompa
    oompa

well......i usually can only say i am "just ok".....but have not been out that long......i had really fun friends that are good people.....while they do not shun me.....my social life with them is pretty much over unless i initiate it.....making new friends helps, but there is no way to replace the familiarity of life long friends......but that is ALL i miss and it was not a good enough reason to stay in as i was totally miserable faking my way through as best i could while knowing it was mostly lies....even going for my wife was not enough to keep me in....

the freedom of thought and free time not banging doors and doing meetings is FANTASTIC!!!!.....i esp feel sorry for my wife on dark rainy evenings in the winter as she heads out the door alone @ 6:30 pm.....i know there is very few bones in her body that want to do this.....no way!!....i wish she would miss more meetings like that............or omg how i love good coffee and a good newspaper on sunday morning!!!.....so those are some good reasons to leave.......

i may be "just ok" now, but after this thread i will now respond to my friends, "i'm just ok, but that is still a lot better than i was a couple of years ago!"............oompa

• oompa
    oompa
    OTWO: We all know that the JW view of a normal life is "immorality."

funny........that is also the jw view of a normal JW life!!!.........holy crap these people are doin each other like crazy....in and out of marriage, and with non-dubs as well.........geeze look at how many are dfd every month........i know one dfd three times and reproved three!!!...........oompa

and many others that are constantly in "sin" troubles.......

you better keep an eye on that hot jw wife of yours otwo!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit