Maybe You Would Like to KNow Why I am here

by Alternator 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

Chalom I pray daily to our Lord that my wife and I have a true and understanding love for Him; that we have faith and trust in Him; that He give us the grace to live with each other in peace and harmony; that we always bear with each other’s weaknesses and grow from each others strengths. I ask Him to forgive our failings and grant us patience, kindness, cheerfulness and the ability to place one another ahead of self; I pray that the love that brought us together will grow and mature with each passing year.

Amen! Consider it good as done Matthew 18:19

All the best,

Stephen

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

Alternator,

You seem like a very reasonable and calm individual to me, I'm glad you and your wife love each other and look out for each other.

"Your comments about a JW-nonJW relationship have me thinking that I have it better than most" (Alternator).

I say, continue to hold your spouse close and tight, make her want your love forever and I hope all will

end well.

It's good to have you here , let us know how things turn out.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

How to improve your relationship with your JW wife?

Treat the religion like it's of no consequence. Make life full of surprises and fun - go away for lots of breaks with no meetings. Make her fall in love with you all over again every day.

Simple.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

It sounds like you have a great compromise going on. I wouldn't mess with what you have. She may not suffer as much from the extreme paranoia and mental problems that are common to most JWs, since you are a grounding force in her life. Though, you will find a lot of information that will help you understand some of the 'quirks' that may appear from her JW surroundings.

I'm happy that you two have made a tough situation work. I am ROman Catholic, now, and it causes a lot of grief in my family. I do have hope, though, that someday they will stop trying to get me back in 'the truth' and start just being family again.

Best of wishes.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

JWs are like every other people with the exception with being controlled by GB. What I mean, there are good and bad, truely humble and truely haughty. You can find these people everywhere. Spouses fall in a same category, some will be better than others and few may not be totally controlled by GB as others may be. You will be treated well if you go to KH but you would also be treated in a nice way by other religious group who meet in a small groups.

Problems usually surface if you question the leaders (GB) and when you state your opinion on the BS that WTS teaches. That is when the witnesses will start viewing you as an opposer or an apostate thanks to GB indoctrination. A spouse depanding on soundness of mind may prefer the advise of strangers(GB) to that of his/her unbelieving spouse. That is the cult mentality that you will notice. I guess Roman Catholic church would have fallen in the cult mentality in the middle ages where you would be burned at the stake for questioning the pope of church and that is similar mentality that prevails within WTS religion.

Hopefully what I wrote above is a fair description of "JW"s which aren't that much different than others really except when it comes to question their beliefs and their leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit