Most Detested WT Publication

by Nosferatu 54 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"reniaa, things like this expose you for the troll you are, and not even a very clever troll either."

Oh snap! lol

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Examining the Scriptures Daily was always my favorite, though I always tried to put more into it than was there. After leaving, I told my mentor about it and she got me a subscription to The Word Among Us and I realize now how stupid it was. The whole point of having a daily meditation on scripture is to give you something to think about, not to tell you what it means by WT standards.

I hate that one the most because I feel so let down by it. Oh, and the Greatest Man book, yuck! How many people did I offend by placing that piece of garbage at Christmastime?

Angie

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I tend to agree with those that mention the Revelation Book.

Having always viewed God and Jesus as being about eternal love and guidence, to view them as destroyers and such, well, it was not very spiritual.

I still don't undertsand what is the great thing about ir, I mean I can see the point of heaven on earth, but at such high a cost?

Talk about ends justifing the means.

Nope, sorry, I am willing to wait for as long as God chooses for the end, so Jesus can claim as many as he can as His Own.

• Earnest
    Earnest

How curious. I found 'Babylon the Great has Fallen. God's Kingdom Rules!' and 'Your Will be Done' (on Daniel, Ezekiel) quite fascinating, even as a kid. I did not feel the same affection for the more recent Climax book on Revelation. But if I was to recount a nightmare book it would be a public reading of the YPA section on masturbation at the book study group as a young man.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Excuse me everyone, but am I missing something here? Have they revived the decades old GT book?

YES! It was released a few years back and titled "Learn From the Great Teacher" - similar format (questions with ellipsis to allow for wide-eyed kid's response), and big, pretty, full color pictures. Reniaa's not spouting baloney on this one.

My nomination for the most detested WT publication goes to the Revelation Climax book. 4 times. 4 mind-bendingly dull times! There were odd sections that kinda made sense and where you learned something of value, but for the most part ... Smileys (The Babylon book was studied before my time, I think, and I was too young to 'appreciate' the following Finished Mystery book (I do remember being fascinated by the black and red illustrations, though).)

And what about those two Isaiah's Prophecy books - 1919 was the fulfillment on nearly every page! Smileys

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think the Revelation book also...we went through it too many times and now of course they have revised little

papers to stick on ALL the mistakes....

h4o

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The "Great Teacher" book was my FAVOURITE!

I detest the "Revelation Climax" book because so much of it is simply wrong, being mostly eisegesis based on their phoney 1914 creed. They keep making JW's study it when they ought to be scrapping it and going right back to the drawing board.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

...we went through it too many times and now of course they have revised little

papers to stick on ALL the mistakes....

What?? They gave you little stickers to put over mistakes? I have been out so long, I didn't know that! LMAO

Angie

• jam
    jam

WHAT does the bible really teach; This book came after I left. On page 100 how demons mislead you.

Are these people that dumb, they don.t realize this apply to them. Act16;16-18 "a demon of divination that enable a girl to practice "the

art of prediction . But she lost this ability when the demon was cast out of her. I guess the demons are still with them..

They have not stop the predictions..

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

i

just manage to get the new greatest teacher book with all it's new illustrations not pink anymore and very good for kids.

WTF? Are you smoking crack Reniaa?

Great for kids my ass. I absolutely LOVE the "Just ignore the bully and he'll probably leave you alone" advice. I did that and I continued to get my shit kicked in. Not only that, more bullies joined in on the fun.

As for the Revelation book, yeah it got rehashed a lot, but I actually like the messed up pictures in it. Perhaps I should track down another copy of it for blog fodder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit