Most Detested WT Publication

by Nosferatu 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

You thought the "Babylon" book was bad.............Your Will be Done was even worst!!!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't remember Your Will Be Done. When was it published? What was the color? What was it about? Was it a Tuesday Night Book Study book?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The blue book, that hooked my mother in.... The Truth that Leads to Everlasting Life.

Yes, we probably would have been a violent and dysfunctional alcoholic family anyway.

Being Jehovah's Witness added a shiny veneer over the madness.

I was baptized Roman Catholic, BTW. Just before the Witnesses knocked.

The Watchtower cult was all we kids ever knew. Estranged from normal Catholic relatives pretty much since diaper-hood.

All due to a knock on the door, and a blue covered book... My family unit is still reeling, and still healing, from its effects.

~Sue

P.S.: Paradise Lost / Regained was the first "children's" book available to us. Effing nighmares galore.

Pink Listening to the Great Teacher later, when we had been "ripened for the Truth", around 6 or 7 yrs. old.

You never forget the pictures.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

It was a light green book published in 1958. Covered part of the book of Daniel. I remember the chapters on the King of the North, which was considered Russia at the time , against the King of the South(USA).

• RR
    RR

Revelation it's grand Climax at Hand, only because we studied it so many times I got tired of it!

• Scully
    Scully

It's a toss-up for me, between Aid to Bible Understanding and Insight on the Scriptures. Both pretended to be like encyclopedias of all biblical knowledge, with that delicate, fancy onion-skin paper and miniscule print. What a colossal joke.

• cattails
    cattails

RR, me too so tired of the nonsense in Rev's Climax!

Over and over and over again, and one more time!

http://www.cattailsfelinerescue.org/images/chuck1.JPG

• boyzone
    boyzone

Its so gotta be the Rev book for me. Those bloody pictures and all that fitting of scriptures to JW history - total bull. Still, its a handy publication to have around if you run out of toilet paper.

• Badger
    Badger

The "Great Teacher" is a good entry, but the Rev book takes the gold. I remember studying it five times in book study.

Oh, and to start another rant, I didn't repeat a single class of any kind in school, high school or college. How come I had to restudy 6th-grade level commentaries several times? Did anyone not get the point the first few readings?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The pink song book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit