Why do I suddenly want to start reading JW literature and going to Kingdom Halls?

by yogosans14 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has always exploited the basic belief of the bible as well the understanding of the bible as a means to proliferate its own published works.

The Gospel according to the Watchtower Corporation is not the Gospel of the bible.

The may have labeled themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but the people there are mentally indoctrinated witnesses

for the Watchtower Corporation.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes it's nuts discussing the bible with JW's. We need common ground.

If the bible is your authority lets talk but with JW's it's a different story.

JW, that not what the bible mean. What! that's not what I see it's clear to me.

NO no,no lets see what the WT say, the WT tells us it's not green but black..

• Miles
    Miles
    Yogsans, I think Satan has possessed you, that's why you are getting these feeling.
  • yogosans14
    yogosans14
    Miles lol nope
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Could just be a case of 'gluten for punishment syndrome'.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Could just be a case of 'gluten for punishment syndrome'.

That's because you need to sort the wheat from the chaff.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What is the fate of the millions of people who lived before Jehovah's Witnesses even existed, say from 1898 on back ? Will their reading of the Bible on their own and developing a personal relationship with God and his Son without the Watchtower Society's influence be enough to save them from everlasting cutting off? If God has good things in store for mankind, why wouldn't you be part of it? Why would you receive the same everlasting punishment as Adolf Hitler just because you don't agree with or understand the ever changing doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses, especially since you are obviously seeking him out ? Surely he (if he exists) must see how confusing it all is to us.

If anything, he may be angry with JW's for turning people (like me) away from him and ruining their interest in having anything to do with religion or the Bible ever again.

• jhine
    jhine

Fink and James I agree.

Whenindoubt maybe you should look again at what the WT actually teaches . Your statements are Bible based but they do not agree with WT doctrine . They preach that Jesus did not die for everyone , only the 144,000 .

I am right aren't I guys ?

Jan

• cofty
    cofty
    They preach that Jesus did not die for everyone , only the 144,000

To be more accurate they teach that Jesus died so that the value of his perfect life could buy back the life that Adam forfeited. 144 000 will live that life in heaven and the rest on earth.

Here is an article I wrote about it when I was a christian.

The Gospel Contrasted With the Watchtower Doctrine of the Ransom...

• jhine
    jhine

thanks Cofty for the link . If I got the meaning of the article correct and from the subsequent comments Jesus' death enabled the 144,000 to have their sins forgiven , but only gave the great crowd the chance to be saved by living the perfect life that Adam should have lived , so being responsible for their own salvation through works . Is that a fair summary of the doctrine ?

Sorry if the subtle nuances of this somewhat complicated idea escaped me . Please put me right if I am off track .

Great article by the way . I know that you do not agree with your " old self " but still a great article !

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit