Why do I suddenly want to start reading JW literature and going to Kingdom Halls?

by yogosans14 52 Replies latest jw friends

• yogosans14
    yogosans14

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll pray to the Lord to get this off my mind and give me peace.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Remember the wise words at Eph 4:14

"don't be a babe and be tossed back and forth ( or hither and thither / too and fro) by every wind of teaching and doctrine....and cunning deceptive men" That includes the Governing Body!

(of course each translation is a little different...but you get the point?

• yogosans14
    yogosans14
    Yes I do and thank you! I think this all started because memorial is coming up and I have to go with my Jw family...
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just re-read my post and it looks like I was scolding you...sorry!

I didn't mean it like that.

I wish you well.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If you truly believe in god of the bible and in Christ then concentrate on the teachings of Jesus. Re-read the sermon on the mount and then start reading the gospel of John followed by Romans, Hebrew, Galatians etc. It will not take you long to figure out that the NT is all about Jesus and the Good News that he is the Messiah, Jehovah is really not in the picture because god said this is the one I approve listen to him.

The more you read the NT the more you'll understand that all who believe in Jesus have life not just one group. The more you read the more you'll understand that the Jehovah's witnesses are an anti Christ organization because they do not preach the good news about Christ and there is no way Jesus would have anything to do with such and arrogant evil sect.

A true Christian is someone who has love for everyone, does not judge, does not exalt themselves, helps all if and when he can not just his own. Does not shun others, does not advertise his acts of righteousness, truly lives his life the way Jesus said to and is a slave to no man!
  • jhine
    jhine

reading all the comments made me smile , what great advice guys .

yogosans may I pm you ?

Jan

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Yogosans you're only 18 now I think? Do you think it would be a good idea to do some research on the history of religion? Also as your parents are not JWs why do you feel forced to go to the memorial with your JW relatives?
  • cofty
    cofty

yogosans - If you think that televangelists are worthy of your time and attention you have yet to develop your critical thinking skills.

There is very little difference between JWs and evangelical christianity. There is more freedom in a church than in the Watchtower, but as far as truth is concerned they are equally vacuous.

Until you decide to value evidence above faith you will always be vulnerable.

• menrov
    menrov

For a true Christian believer, only the bible is right. All religious groups have their own interpretations and doctrines. That is why there are so many and some have even fought war against each other.

Each group can have a few doctrines that can be considered "right" meaning, it can be supported by the bible in an unbiased way, But many other doctrines cannot be supported that way. The WBTS (Jehovah's Witnesses) have many of those.

Is that a problem? Well, no, as long as you are free to express your own interpretations and belief. In that sense, even a religious organisation is entitled to have their own views and interpretations. It becomes a problem however, when the leaders of that religious group mandate their views to be accepted, they impose them on their members and actively shut-up anyone who disagrees. Such a behaviour by religious leaders go against the promise: the truth will set you free. In contrast, you will become their (mental) slave regarding your belief.

I leave it up to you to experience what the practice is you encounter with JW's or Adventists or Baptists etc.

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit