JW email making the rounds: He doesn't serve Jehovah

by truthseeker 47 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Great word Chick

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'm going to give this way more attention than it deserves and look at it logically. Do most worldly men need to fool women into liking them? No. Because they have a much wider variety of women to choose from. Not only is the pool bigger, the array of pesonalities is wider. If they like "naughty" girls, they go for naughty girls. Nice worldly guys are nice because they want to be. They look for nice girls because that's what they like.

Witness men have very few women to choose from and these women are all cultivated to have the same personality. If he ever wants to get laid married, he has to win one of these over and a good many men have to pretend to be something they're not. "Spiritually strong" women want a man who will move up the ranks. Since she can't, he is her only source of power and his spiritual standing greatly affects her social standing.

At the same time, sex has been so demonized for many witness girls that even when they're married, they won't give their husbands any. So a brother goes to the trouble of being "good" to woo his girl and discovers that he can't even get what he wants out of it. His motivation to stay "good" wanes.

I'm not saying there are no nice, honest witness guys any more than I'm saying all worldly guys are saints, but the scenario painted by that horribly written poem is the opposite of what's most likely to occur.

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

This makes me angry

Walk into almost any KH and you will find dubs who are divorced, wife beaters, adulterers etc.

I find the level of divorce / infidelity quite staggering amongst dubs, at least 50% of the age group that I grew up with have been affected in this way.

Just been informed that yet another pair of 18 year olds are to be married in my old congregation - the chances of being together by their 30s are stacked against them!

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

OH. MY. GOD!!! This is probably the best example of how the witnesses delude themselves! If i had a pound for every story i've heard of abusive JW husbands i'd be a millionaire. The pathetic, brainwashed loser who wrote this email really does need a slap!!

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

hahahaha i think its hilarious! who would actually like this enough to send it to someone else omg!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'll leave aside the obvious comparisons to all the JW marriages I know of which would aptly be described by this composition but I just can't forgive this CRIME against poetry! Someone ought to go to jail for that.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

This vile poem sums up JW's in so many ways: judgmental, seeing the world as black and white, paranoid, stereotypical, fearful. It's just really sad.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Be patient and He'll give you a Theocratic mate.

Oh my...

Anyone who thinks this is a wonderful poem deserves to be a Jehovahs Witness, and I wish them all the best in the new heaven and new earth.

• Pig
    Pig

5 mins and rhymer.com :) .............

When marrying a witness, dont be led astray

one eighth of them pedos, one eighth of them gay

and being a woman, you'll soon reaslise

the man is the head, and you just cook pies

and his future appearance, will turn out quite grim

cause when elders are fat, gluttony is no longer a sin

meetings and study and variouse krud

and if you are dying, you cant have no blood

So when marrying a witness, please be advised

that men are twice as stupid, when they follow a lie

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

This poem disgusts me. I am currently in for family reasons but am also pursuing a non-witness girl with whom I became great friends at university. She has good morals and she is the kindest, most generous and most selfless person I have ever met and none of the Witness girls I have met are a patch on her.......she does not have a bad word to say about anybody, even when they have wronged her.

What really gets me irate is the fact that if my Witness acquaintances knew of this young lady they would view her (and me) as dirt and would not be able to see the wonderful qualities she has. It really is quite tragic that the Witnesses cannot see past the negative labels slapped on people who are not members of their ranks and automatically assume that non-believers are nowhere near as good as even the "worst Witness."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit