wide ... broad... life.....death

by KAYTEE 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

It's not only some Trinitarians that have been violent. Even some of the nontrinitarian Muslims have been violent, and some of the anti-religion Soviets, etc. have seemed to prefer the wide and broad death-dealing ways.

• designs
    designs

Muslims believe in Hell as well, interesting. Stalin and his extermination campaign, that was one crazy ass killer.

Get out of Fundamentalism.

• Chalam
    Chalam

You historians enjoy yourselves!

I am a historian too and I believe the words of the Prince of Peace from 2000 years ago. They are timeless in fact, just like Jesus :)

Matthew 5:9 (New International Version)

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.

Luke 6:27-31 (New International Version)

Love for Enemies
    27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Acts 10:36 (New International Version)

36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

All the best,

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Jesus isn't just a "prince of peace"

Heb 10:
    11. And every priest indeed standeth day by day ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, the which can never take away sins:
    12. but he, when he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
    13. henceforth expecting till his enemies be made the footstool of his feet.

So Jesus enemies are ok to be destroyed, but not mine? Or others? Hardly a peaceful approach.

Ironic that THE "son of god" is anything but a peacemaker.

Rev 6:1. And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, Come.
    2. And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he that sat thereon had a bow; and there was given unto him a crown: and he came forth conquering, and to conquer.

Thats a bad ass, war mongering lamb, let me tell you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Jeff,

That is one of His attributes. There is a side of holiness which leads to justice and judgement which needs to come before we have lasting peace. You can't have peace until people have the peacemakers in once place.

Luke 12:51-53 (New International Version)

51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Matthew 5:3-10 (New International Version)

3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    5 Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    7 Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.
    10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

These verses from Matthew all speak of the same thing. The Kingdom of Heaven on earth (the new earth), just as Jesus said to pray to the Father for.

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If we are going to define peace using Jehovah's written Witness, the Bible, then it behooves us to know Jehovah's character and admire it, so that we may reflect his goodness and love. We are living in His Universe, after all. Will we allow our love for us sinners to widen? Will we allow our forgiveness to be with broad strokes? Will our words be those of life? Will we allow our negative, sinful, faithless thoughts the death they deserve … so that we may be at One with the God who allowed our existence, so that we may each and everyone benefit from everlasting life, the real life just ahead? It is the exercise program for my thoughts. And I'm sure that others reading these comments may be in agreement with me to the glory of Jehovah the father of every good gift and every perfect present.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Stephen

No amount of holy spirit is needed to say that these verses contradict. In addition, "god is love", yet Jesus, the peacemaker, will destroy me and others for all kinds of things.

You employ faith and holy spirit. I employ logic.

A powerful god can destroy. A more powerful god can heal and unite. I doubt very seriously that anyone merits destruction simply because they do not exercise faith in Jesus, who is not around, and hasn't manifested himself at all since the man Jesus walked the earth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spike..You can only get to God through Jesus..

God has 2 big Angels that will kick you in the nuts,if you don`t go through Jesus!

...........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

OUTLAW, I have NO problem with THAT. That's how I always pray and have always prayed. Those 2 big Angels were there when Adam and Eve got the boot, too! Adam had went WIDE of the mark, with his BROAD. Instead of the tree of LIFE and living forever, they chose the forbidden tree and DEATH.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Errr, Spike. Just outta curiosity..while your here. The sword, that appeared at the Garden, preventing Adam and Eve from returning...where do you figure something like that would fit in with the account? It's just Adam and Eve...no one else. How would they relate, to a sword?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit