wide ... broad... life.....death

by KAYTEE 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Reniaa,

Thanks for the reply.

Of course, the WT are quite happy with the symbolism of Revelation, for example the harlot riding the beast meaning something literal. They preach on false religion and babylon quite a lot right?! Also, the 144, 000. Something symbolic or something literal? All these verses mean something right or Jesus is just wasting our time and confusing us?

So if you take the words of the second death to be symbolic, they what is it talking about in a literal sense? What is the literal interpretation of these "symbolic verses" in your opinion? Here are the verses again.

Revelation 20 (New International Version)

10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Dead Are Judged

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

All the best,

Stephen

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

reniaa,

Consistency doesn't equate truth. You can be consistently wrong. Imaginary consistency is one of the easiest and cheapest goals to attain if you don't allow yourself to be questioned by anything real. In the so-called "religions of the Book" the texts are practically the only real things you have to deal with -- that can resist your imaginary consistency. But with (virtual) scissors and paste such resistance can be easily overcome.

I grant you that JWs have a relatively high level of belief consistency. And incidentally, perhaps the best thing I learnt from my JW experience is to beware of my own inclination for consistency (which, believe it or not, was unusually high).

One last detail: your understanding of "final judgement" differs from that which is found in late Judaism and even early Christianity in that it had nothing to do with knowledge of a special "message" (cf. Matthew 25:31-46 and Romans 2:12-16 as example of agreement from two very different kinds of "Christianity" on this particular issue).

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi narkissus

I do understad your point of view but consistency is important for me because the bible points to it, the early christians called themselves 'the way' and so they clearly had a fluid whole to follow. I am not interested in higher critisism of god's word, I want a consistent belief to follow that is coherent and biblically sound. My abiblity to function as a follower of Jehovah and his son Jesus demands consistency because I can see no benefit from 34,000 different forms of christianity all fractured from each other, in divisions of belief from themselves and from the bible. but I've enjoyed our debate :)

Reniaa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I want answers not confusion. so yes if someone wants to say such a thing doesn't mean this but can offer me no alternative explanation then they lose credibility in my eyes.....Reniaa

Wow!!.....You are just sooooooooooooooooo Important on this Board.....Are`nt you Reniaa????????????????????????..

You refuse to answer Questions..Yet "DEMAND" them from others..

Your an Ass..

An Extremely Pompous Ass..

There is no way you can lose Credibility on this board..

You have none!!

...........................OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Reniaa,

reniaa-I do understad your point of view but consistency is important for me because the bible points to it

Consistency seems only important to you as far as the WT doctrine is concerned.

They take one half of a verse as literal and the next half of the very same verse a figurative!

Here's two examples.

Daniel 12:2 (New International Version)

2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Matthew 25:46 (New International Version)

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Someone is having a laugh at your expense I am afraid :(

All the best,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Chalam/Stephen..Your a good Guy...............Sometimes Reniaa just push`s the limits..I don`t think it`s funny at all.............She should live up to the expectations,she sets for everyone else..

...................OUTLAW

• shamus100
  • Chalam
    Chalam

Hi OL,

I agree. It's no joke hence the :(

Matthew 25:46 (New International Version)

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Eternity is a long time to be on the wrong end of someone's bad joke.

Anyhow, let's hope she wakes up and smells the coffee and chooses eternal life.

All the best,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All the best to you too Chalam/Stephen..I`m not a Christian....But ..I have Christian friends,I have the deepest respect for..

I get pissed when someone like Reniaa,thinks she can walk all over Real Christians!..

I have a real problem..Just letting something like that,go by..

......................OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

How did the Trinitarian world stay such as violent world century after century. Killing each other by the 100's of millions and hunting down non trinitarians and butchering them as well.

Hell. The belief in which lies at the core of their twisted religious system and psychology. Throwing mud on the good name of Jesus.

Get out of Fundamentalism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit