what is the one thing that made you want to NEVER go back???

by NINfan05 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

NINfan05 - I am so sorry for what you suffered at the hands of your father!!!!!!!

It was finding out that I was in a cult and all the hypocrisy of the WT. I was so disallusioned at the time, I will never forget the impact it had on me. From that time on I never wanted to go back and never will.

Maddie

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Its not the truth.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Two things ..... the UN issue .... the cover up with Paedophiles.

Either one would've done it for me..... these two were dynamite together!

• Heaven
    Heaven

For me, it's not just one thing but a whole slew of them. I think the top 2 are: Subjugation of women and pedophilia

But the holier-than-thou attitude, the hypocrisy, and the false prophesies and doctrines all add to the steaming pile of shiite known as the WTS.

• awildflower
    awildflower

The last thing I went to was a circuit assembly, six months ago, I had both of my children there, we had been hurt by the brothers and we sucked it up and went. I sat there with my kids, all of us looking out over this crowd of 1500 people, and the robotic, zombie-like state, struck us profound for the first time. We were seeing things and hearing things like we never had before because our eyes were open. Then at the baptism talk we heard the questions for the first time again and just looked at eachother. And the phoney friendships and predictable behavior of everyone.......I knew that weekend was my last, I couldn't stand it anymore neither could my kids. We haven't been to anything since. Really it's not the doctrines for us , it's the selfish, unloving, phoney love that we couldn't take anymore............wf

• ataloa
    ataloa

((NINfan05, truthseekeriam, boyzone)) Unconscionable.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

**Being told to just meet men.

**The ugly men I had to meet in field circus, and was supposed to be attracted to.

**One family that wants to own me, even to the extent of putting me through the Value Destroyer Training School.

**The embarrassment of being a witless.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Value Destroyer Training School.

also known as.... VD Training School. RUN AWAY!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Knowing that they don't have "the truth'.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Their condoning domestic violence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit