what is the one thing that made you want to NEVER go back???

by NINfan05 35 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

The fact that they change their major doctrines every few years or so-blood transfusions, college, D/F policies, and claim it is divinely inspired! I, too was heartbroken when I realized they were not the "truth". I am so thankful that I am not in that ridiculous mess anymore!!!!!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    I am so thankful that I am not in that ridiculous mess anymore!!!!!

ME TOO!!!!!!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

For Me

It was discovering after much

personal study

That NONE of it matters in the least little bit

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    what is the one thing that made you want to NEVER go back???

This:

“Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

abe

• song19
    song19

among the hundreds of reason why I vowed never to go back... I think parakeet nailed it on the head....

The horror of putting my child through the same misery I had to go through.

• trebor
    trebor

Women are fornicators and better off dead if they do not cry out when being raped.

It ranks pretty high...

Knowing that was a stance in any organization is proof they are not "God's chosen organization".

-trebor

• JWoods
    JWoods

For me it was the constant feeling that I was manifestly ashamed of myself every time somebody asked me if I was a Jehovah's Witness.

I am OK now (finally) with saying I [B]used[/B] to be one...just so long as I make the observer sure that I no longer carry the water nor the baggage.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Just the thought of sitting at the meetings is enough to make me want to never go back. They were so boring, and I have better things to fill my time with.

• chickpea
    chickpea

having children who needed me
    to BE THEIR MOTHER, in spite of
    their not being deemed "in good
    standing" with a man-made cult....

i am so beyond being able to think
    that every little thing the GB decides
    to blow out its collective poop chute
    is holy spirit.... wankerz, the lot of them!

• donny
    donny

When two elders visited my house two days after I spelled out a curse word at work when describing to my dept a very angry phone call I had received from one of our major customers. I had a woman working for me who was a JW (unbeknownst to me) and she told the elders in her congregation in Garland, TX, who then called the Society to see where I attended. Then they called the Farmers Branch elders who then went and waited for me at my home on a Thursday afternoon when I arrived. They then proceeded to tell me I had stumbled a person who I didn't even knew existed. Funny she knew I was a JW, but never identified herself as one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit