Things I learned at the 2009 DC !!!

by tresdecu 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Also I saw the most hilarious bathroom bros. - Three 'brothers' standing in front of the sis's bathroom. Two holding a sign saying "closed" and one in the middle holding a sign saying "cleaning in progress"

They should've had a sign saying: 'Go back to your seat, heathen. Armageddon is just around the corner and it will catch you taking a deuce!'

• Mary
    Mary

That's funny---my grandma was told the exact same thing in 1933.

• oompa
    oompa

I got a text from Olin Moyles Ghost straight from the DC which i was fortunate enough to not attend. He said that the speaker had just said the end was "very, very near"........kinda like "at the doorstep"......i wonder if it was the same talk with just a different phrase.......anyhoo.....here is some WT trivia

In WT there are hundreds of "near the end" and "very near the end".........but only ONE "very, very near" and i remember it stood out to me when i saw it since just two years earlier we kicked to the curb the literal generation of 1914.......i did a pretty extensive WTCD search for any others.......but here is the only one i know of:

plus there is a funny "may have" kinda apology in this paragraph i highlighted too

***w971/1p.11par.18Let All Glorify Jehovah!***

In the early 1920’s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah’s Witnesses was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." This may have reflected overoptimism at that time. But today that statement can be made with full confidence. Both the increasing light on Bible prophecy and the anarchy of this dying world cry out that the end of Satan’s system is very, very near! The Memorial report for 1996 shows that 12,921,933 attended, of whom only 8,757 (.068 percent) indicated their heavenly hope by partaking of the emblems.

• dinah
    dinah

Mastodon, funny!!! You heathen!!

• loosie
    loosie
    'On the doorstep of the great tribulation'

So who is going to ring the doorbell?

• sarahbear76
    sarahbear76

In the early 1920’s, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah’s Witnesses was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." "This may have reflected overoptimism at that time"

Ha! Interesting Oompa thanks for sharing, does anyone know how to turn off the highlighter doh!

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

My parents went to sign language DC recently too and my mom talked to me about it. She said the DC was really good and they said the end is near. She said they are warning us not like before. I told her that crap is old. They have been saying the same crap for a long time. How the hell am I supposed to believe it? My mom seems disappointed but I had to tell her the truth. My dad and I didn't have any discussion about it because if we do, we will end up arguing as usual.

• shamus100
    shamus100

She said they are warning us not like before.

Unless they are telling everyone and doing a dance number, it is exactly like before. Good for you for being honest!

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

LOL good one, Shamus. Honestly I have no idea how they can bear sitting down for hours listening to same crap for three days. I always hated going to Circuit Assembly or District Convention. It was a torture. I always look at my watch and said "come on, come on, please let the lunch break start soon!" The most annoying thing was people kept coming to me during the day they baptize people. They asked me when am I going to get baptized. They said I better start moving my butt and get baptized before Armageddon. That was 10 years ago when I was 15-16. I'm 25 now and the world looks pretty the same to me. Good ol memories lol.

• hubert
    hubert

Bogrhater said...."'On the doorstep of the great tribulation' LMFAO that is hilarious Just when you think you've heard 'em all, one of the twerps comes up with another little gem like this! Idiots!

I'll bet he won the free pizza.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit