Is the Downfall of Jehovah's Witnesses More Important Then You?

by AllTimeJeff 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

AllTimeJefff:

I'm not sure how long you have been "out" but you'll get it back. I'm absolutely sure of it.

Are you still going to that church that you posted about? Wasn't it a Univeralist Church or Unitarian? I can't remember. And I hope I don't have you mixed up with someone else.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I visited one a few times (a Unitarian church) but the timing or group wasn't right or something.

It didn't seem to be much about anything.... It's still an evolving process......

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

jeff do you need a "god" or a "religion" at all? instead of trying to find "god" find yourself... said with respect.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ATJ..Everyone goes through different stages..If you take all to heart,you will burn out........When you start to feel burn out,take a break..You always feel better when you come back..I`ve done it often................................OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

great job AlltimeJeff, I gotta learn something from your style!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Jeff,

ATJ-Like I alluded to in the first post, what we write about tells a lot about us, and I include myself in this.

Jesus agrees :)

Luke 6:45 (New International Version)

45 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

All the best,

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi there Stephen. Yes, I am well aware of the words attributed to Jesus here. I am very much a fan of the man known as Jesus, although I find no reason to worship the legend. But I appreciate your motives....

Outlaw, I hear you. I do take breaks. Lately, as I have also alluded to, I find that I take myself too seriously, so I have tried to be a little "lighter". I think I need a vacation in general....

warmasasunned said

jeff do you need a "god" or a "religion" at all? instead of trying to find "god" find yourself... said with respect.

And accepted most respectfully. I never did go into what I found there, as my motives were personal. I have stated many times that I find a very powerful link between what I like to call "spirituality". While fascinating to me, my motives for pursuing this have nothing to do with discovering a "god" to worship with a "religion". Having said that, there are some groups that are very liberal (a plus with me) and accepting of differing viewpoints. (Like Unitarian Universalists)

Unitarians are dogmaless per se, so it is an easier group to associate with for me, but the first go around, I found them too non specific for me to get anything out of it either... That is why I think the timing isn't right right now, and I am not going to force anything... I do think a higher power exists on some level, though personality is lacking, and the attempts at most organized religions to explain it leave me cold....

Which is why I like to come here and pound out a few thoughts and opinions. It helps me out, and I enjoy the feedback....

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

AllTime Jeff,

I feel the need to keep telling Jehovah's Witnesses how corrupt, unjust, dishonest and oppressive their Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is.

I know they probably will not listen to me.

Thing is if you don't keep telling them then the scriptures cannot be fulfilled.

They desperately need to know the truth about the oppression and corruption however, if you don't tell them then how will they have a chance not to listen.

Zephaniah 3

1 Woe to her that is rebelling and polluting herself, the oppressive city! 2 She did not listen to a voice; she did not accept discipline. In Jehovah she did not trust. To her God she did not draw near. 3 Her princes in the midst of her were roaring lions. Her judges were evening wolves that did not gnaw [bones] till the morning. 4 Her prophets were insolent, were men of treachery. Her priests themselves profaned what was holy; they did violence to [the] law. 5 Jehovah was righteous in the midst of her; he would do no unrighteousness. Morning by morning he kept giving his own judicial decision. At daylight it did not prove lacking. But the unrighteous one was knowing no shame.

Is that too preachy for ya?

abe

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Abe

To me, while I accept the quoting of scriptures to represent a persons point of view, (I used to do that you know...) I find that biblical scriptures suppress personal opinion often. You have put someone elses words in your head, instead of representing your own logic and thoughts. Which is why people quote scripture.

This isn't the point of this thread, so I will say my peace and leave it at that, but what good does it do to quote scripture to those who have found it isn't reliable? You might as well be quoting the Koran in Arabic as far as I am concerned.....

And don't you think it the height of presumptuousness to apply scriptures talking of warning voices to yourself? I mean, I have zero clue if god is using you, or the devil is using you to trick me? Or other JW's?

JW's need to learn to accept their responsibility to think for themselves, and not to be scared or tricked into following another superstitious legend designed to keep people in fear and control.

I hope that wasn't too preachy either....

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Spike Tassel (Post 66) re ablebodiedman (Post 18): While some individuals may well be "corrupt, unjust, dishonest and oppressive", the "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" is hardly as monolithic as all that, surely. That having been said, Jehovah's word certainly does recommend that sound, just, honest, humble, righteous, and reasonable are superior attributes, which do engender the love and respect that Jehovah so desires in each and everyone of us. May there yet be healing and peace, even for you, O ablebodied man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit