Is the Downfall of Jehovah's Witnesses More Important Then You?

by AllTimeJeff 82 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

(on proofreading this, I feel that this is more preachy then I meant it. So as a disclaimer, I hope you know that if you get that impression, that I didn't mean it that way. Having said that, this is what I feel, so if you relate to this in any way, enjoy. If you don't, thats cool too....)

Just a thought or two on the thread title.....

It occurred to me that there are many people with many reasons to be here. And often, what we choose to talk about (check your post history for example) often will tell a lot about you. It's not that your opinions or mine are not important. They are. And they aren't.

Who here hasn't enjoyed the streuous debates with some who claim to be JW's (whose name, like the holy tetragrammaton, I will not utter here). Or perhaps me and BTS arguing politics. Or something. Or trying to be funny. The occasional smartass remark. (hi there John Doe )

But thats what makes us fun I guess. Each of us need something that we get here. Some need to vent, to cry, to laugh, or even to be controversial, or see how many people they can piss off. Certainly, most of us can't stay away who were JW's, but now here.

And so, when it comes to what we talk about here, we can actually learn a lot about ourselves if we just look at what we have posted, whether that be recently, or further back, esp when you first left. Sometimes it's quite healthy to do that.

Which is why I wonder..... what if you or I are stuck?

Any chance we get to take a leak and piss on the WTBTS, we do it. If there is a "will not mention the unholy name" JW apologist, "we" gang up on her.

Oh the chance to let out all the vitriol and steam, the hate and anger, the embarassment and shame, the stupidity... And we feel like LETTING THE SOB'S HAVE IT!!!

Over and over and over and over and over and over again. Years go by. Waiting for the next JW pinata to swing at.

It can be good fun on occasion. What I worry about is simply, "What about you?"

The occasional anger is cool. And while I am no therapist, (nor do I frequent Holiday Inn Express) there is a long term concern about being stuck in that mindset.

I am just curious if you feel that way, or if that anger is so great, have you made progress? The only person you need answer to is you, so you would know best.

You see, from my point of view, YOU are more important then whether or not JW are going down, or if there is a rouge JW here trying to bait and piss us off.

Ever notice why non JW's don't come here much? They don't get it and can't understand. But they also aren't angry. They have their own problems, and their own past, but they don't have that cult cloud weighing on them.

We do, to one degree or another. And sometimes, all we know how to do is stay in 1st gear and bash those bastards, because they deserve it.

We do it on the internet, alone, often anonymously. When there is a life waiting to be reclaimed. Yours.

Thats it. I just wanted to wish peace to all. In the wake of Michael Jacksons death, a former JW, I thought it would be good to wish everyone here will find themselves, and know that they aren't an "EX JW", as if it were a title, or our race.

We can be former JW's. People who at one point were in a cult, but left. I know that is easier said then done, but that is what I wish for everyone tonight.

Love you all! PEACE!!!

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I think it all depends on how much you've lost or in the process of losing. If only you could just 'walk off into the sunset'.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You will grow out of Jeff.

...and don't go imputing anger and hate etc. into our posts. You can't see the face of the poster. All you see is text.

Criticism is not anger or hate. It is just criticism.

Cheers

Chris

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

THis is a cool post. The only problem with this, if there's no people like us who have learned to live with the fact we were JWs there will be no one for people looking for an exit to talk to.

• designs
    designs

Some still need to beat the dead cow, others have moved on with their lives through education and careers and new friends. Some turn around to help the ones trying to leave, kind of like a mentor.

designs

• wobble
    wobble

Would you call Steve Hassan angry ? I think most people who have exited from a cult are concerned to help others out if possible, and posting on here certainly does that. I don't feel any white-hot anger, frustration, pity, sadness and a number of other emotions are present in me, but not hate or anger.

I take your point though,AT Jeff, I think sometimes we get stuck on not rocking the boat,because we have made a sucessful "fade" say, so we ONLY vent on here, not to our family etc. because of possible repercussions.

I think I am moving beyond that stage now, so watch this space ! I may soon be DF'd

Love

Wobble

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi alltimejeff is this site just about support or more about the downfall of Jws and getting many to stumble out? Have some made being an ex-Jw a new religion?

I think if I didn't see so much exageration and misinformation and sheer blind hatred by some on here I wouldn't be tempted to stay and try in a small way to defend the Jws.

I'm sure many on here will never become witnesses again they have set their path too firmly in opposition but I do worry they will draw many into following them and pushing them to do things they don't do themselves against the witnesses.

Reniaa

• designs
    designs

It is kind of amazing that some xjws will go and join some Church like the RCC or Baptists How bad was the green burrito that made that seem like a good idea.

"Methodists are Baptists who can read' Driving Miss Daisy

• wobble
    wobble

"I'm sure many on here will never become witnesses again" (Reniaa,above)

I would Reniaa, if you could prove to me from the Bible that they are God's approved organization,that He wants me to re-join.

If you can show me that they are so removed from the lies and deceit that they have used in recent times that a God of Truth would be able to have dealings with them.

Can you ?

love

Wobble

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa:

Hi alltimejeff is this site just about support or more about the downfall of Jws and getting many to stumble out? Have some made being an ex-Jw a new religion?

My reply: More of a common bond than a religion. ExJWs tend to go in different courses. This site is about support...and helping to perhaps help others to come out.

I think if I didn't see so much exageration and misinformation and sheer blind hatred by some on here I wouldn't be tempted to stay and try in a small way to defend the Jws.

My reply: LOL exageration? More like an understament and very accurate as far as what goes on in the org. Many here share firsthand experiences at various levels in the org. Sheer blind hatred? Doesn't seem to be. But that is what captive such as yourself need to tell yourselves to keep that cultic comraderie going.

I'm sure many on here will never become witnesses again they have set their path too firmly in opposition but I do worry they will draw many into following them and pushing them to do things they don't do themselves against the witnesses.

Reniaa

My reply: LOL You are worried? LOL I will return if you can prove to me 1914 and 1919 renia. I personally realize how hard a task it is to help an active JW wake up. I try but have had only small success. I have been very successful at ediucating outsiders...including many at my church and job. I will be assisting my pastor next year on a series about cults...I very much look forward to speaking on JWs to the 3 services of over 200 people each!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit