Michael Jackson - Teenage Superstar Jehovah's Witness!!?...that's what killed him!

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Tiger Woods dad pushed his sons career since he was small....but Tiger loved him.

• sspo
    sspo

While ultimately everyone is responsible for their own actions, life isn't that black and white. If parenting responsibilities did not have life-long effects on people, it wouldn't be that important of a job now would it? The truth of the matter is: we are all products of our environment. If you come from a completely unstable environment, you are bound to have mental and/or emotional problems and that is something that you can't just 'self-fix'.

I agree with you Mary on many of your points but at the same time you reach a certain point in your life

and need to grab the bull by the horn and move on with life in trying to improve it and not pity your self

because your father or mother were not perfect and did not provide the best enviroment.

MJ also had the resources to get help if he was abused in his younger years. Enterestingly he came from a big family

and most of his brothers, with the same father, did ok.

Guess what...............i don't have the answer

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just watched Wolfe Blitzer interviewing Deepak Chopra on CNN

Deepak, mentioned Jehovahs Witnesses, and that Michael was intimidated going to the door with the magazines, something like that.

I was listening but not like I would had I known he would bring up JW's.

Maybe the interview will be on YouTube or CNN, it was live interview so it may take some time to get online.

purps

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Purplesofa,

I saw the interview with Deepak Chopra. Did you see the one last night with one of MJ's spiritual leader? I think most on this board underestimate how much his JW upbringing impacted him. Imagining know that the thousands of people you are performing for are going to be killed because they don't worship Jehovah. Imagine having knowing this from time you are 5 years old!

He was a very sensitive man. His spiritual leader said Michael felt like a man without a purpose and was always looking for a way to help people and find what his purpose was. Personally I could relate, thats exactly how I felt after finding out abou the JWs and every now and then I slip back into that place.

The difference with Michael is that he's a sincere man. Its like the difference of folks on this board. Some of us were flaky witnesses and others were diehard. Some of us can walk away and easily move on and others walk away and are in emotional turmoil for years.

Please don't compare him to witness celebrities that do everything under the sun and still claim to be JWs.

• glenster
    glenster

It's like asking what killed Lenny Bruce. Certain legal things kicked his
    butt but nobody kicked Lenny's butt harder than Lenny himself with his heroin,
    paying organized crime for the privilege to screw himself up till he died too
    young on the cra**er.

Elvis took too many under-the-counter pharmaceuticals. He had certain
    physical problems, but he wasn't on a responsible program regarding amounts and
    mixtures of pharmaceuticals till he died too young a similar way.

"In January 2007, Jackson had settled with a Beverly Hills pharmacy that sued him for more than $100,000 in unpaid bills."

http://www.examiner.com/x-8543-SF-Health-News-Examiner~y2009m6d26-Deepak-Chopra-Jackson-doctors-fed-Oxycontin-Demerol-addiction
    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b131365_tour_promoter_hired_michael_jacksons.html

It was probably something similar.

I was still waiting for something new about the Jerry Lewis/Suzan Minoret
    (aka Lewis) controversy....
    http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/03/18/suzan-lewis-is-jerry-lewis-daughter-photos-and-video/
    http://www.mahalo.com/suzan-lewis

• Mary
    Mary
    I agree with you Mary on many of your points but at the same time you reach a certain point in your life and need to grab the bull by the horn and move on with life in trying to improve it and not pity your self because your father or mother were not perfect and did not provide the best enviroment. MJ also had the resources to get help if he was abused in his younger years.

Absolutely. Michael certainly had the time and the financial resources to get professional help to help him deal with the way he was raised, but he didn't. Like so many, he took the path of least resistence and apparently thought that the solution to all his problems was to live in a fantasy land isolated from reality and to spend, spend, spend yourself right into the poorhouse. Lisa Marie Presley stated yesterday that Michael told her when they were married that he thought he would die exactly like Elvis and he was absolutely correct. Both had a difficult time living in the real world, surrounded themselves with hanger-on and sycophant friends (who really weren't friends at all), both were hooked on prescription medication and were set on a path of self-destruction that no one could stop. Lisa Marie further said that she divorced him after realizing that her efforts to stop him on his self-destructive behaviour were futile. Ironically, this is the same reason Priscilla divorced Elvis.

Had they both been willing to seek professional help instead of turning to drugs, there's a good chance that both of them would still be around today.

• donny
    donny

I believe the main thing that caused MJ's demise was that he was surrounded entirely by "Yes" men. Anything Michael wanted to do found approval from those who took care of him. The ones that did say "No" often found themselves shunned for a while or completely cast out of his circle. Michael was someone who needed a lot of guidance and instead he was allowed to steer the ship himself.

Donny

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The problems with MJ were many. Even his JW upbringing couldn't have been the sole factor in his problems. He stated on Oprah some years ago that he would have a tutor for about three hours for his schooling. Then he would go to the studio and record till bedtime. Now that's not a dub's life. Where were the meetings, service, personal study? There couldn't have been that much. What I do think may have happened is something often seen in "weak" JW's and their families. They are split between loyalties. On the one hand they want to embrace life and society as a whole. On the other they want to believe the WT which says that society as a whole is doomed. They then vaciliate endlessly between the two. It makes for some strange behavior. Like the Williams' sisters saying that they are proud of Barack Obama but wouldn't vote for him or something to that effect. For MJ the swings were far more severe, probably due to other problems that he would have had even if he had not been exposed to the JW's.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Michael jackson managed to kill HIMSELF. HE did it.

He took a deadly cocktail of prescription drugs (what was his Doctor thinking of??)

Yes he had mental problems, but so did Judy Garland, and others.

Nobody pushed those pills down his throat at gunpoint. He was as responsible for his actions as anybody else.

He killed himself with his own foolish behavior.

HB

• The Rapster
    The Rapster

Actually, TruthSets, MJ was quite a consistent presence at meetings, assemblies and when possible, in the field. It was a huge part of his itinerary and he carried the experience through his last days. Some were there there. We know the entire story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit