Michael Jackson - Teenage Superstar Jehovah's Witness!!?...that's what killed him!

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Imagine being a Teenage superstar....AND a Jehovah's Witness??? Poor guy must have suffered a worst mind f#ck then any of us. Teenage Girls worshiped him, but I doubt he ever had one. His mothers voice "Now Michael stay away from worldly girls...you'll get AIDS and Jehovah will destroy you at Armagedon..." He could have had his pick....so he stayed a "child till he died at age 50. The "Child star" - Witness Child unbringing would leave even a strong man messed up. He changed his face because he couldn't stand who he was..."The man in the mirror."

• blondie
    blondie

I'm positive that the physical, verbal, and emotional abuse from his non-jw father was far more destructive.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes Blondie....WORSE STILL...... Witnesses Mother....worldly domineering Father....I know what that's like, it's hell!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think there were a lot of factors that contributed to the way he turned out. Being a JW was only a small part of it. Having fame at such a young age has been known to have negative consequences, even for those not raised a JW.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Plus being a child star. None of us can relate to what that is like, although many of us know what having a JW childhood may be like.

I think it's not one thing but the whole package of experiences. If he longed for a lost childhood, I could see a number of factors that could have contributed to a sense of loss. Being a JW, if that was relevant in his case, is probably just one of many things. Only he knew what impacted his psyche the most.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

yes lets blame the witnesses

• blondie
    blondie

Michael spent more of his life on the road with his non-jw father and little at home being "educated" in the jw dogma. It is not surprising that the only one that "succeeded" as a jw is the oldest daughter, Rebbie (besides the mother). I really think he sought love and protection by following his mother into her religion to best he could.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It was the Mason conspiracy within the Borg who killed him by making him eat Miracle Wheat while doing pyramidical calculations and holding a stack of bound volumes on his head.

• Mary
    Mary

In this particular case, I doubt it was the religion that screwed Michael up. He was never that much into the religion in the first place. I firmly believe that it was the abuse he suffered from his father that was the major reason why he turned out the way he did.

Here's something to consider: Both Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond were raised in large celebrity families. Both belonged to a very high control group, both were child stars, both had a huge following, were icons, experienced fame and adoration amongst their fans. Why did they turn out so different?

My belief is that, even though the Osmonds were dedicated Mormons, they were a very close-knit family. The parents (from what I can tell) were very loving and gave their kids a stable, healthy childhood, instilled morals and values in them, taught them self-discipline and to take responsibility for your own actions.

The Jackson family on the other hand, is the opitome of a dysfunctional family. The father was a psychotic control freak who abused his kids terribly. It's not just Michael who's suffered emotionally from the abuse, as the others have also displayed psychological problems over the years. My question is: where the hell was the mother when all this was going on? Did she just stand by and watch her husband beat their kids? Yell and scream at them? Did she feel that being a woman and a Dub she had no alternative?

I know of several families where the fathers' abuse has damaged 3 generations of offspring. Being raised in a dysfunctional setting can do more damage than what even the religion on the whole can do.

So in this particular case, I would not say that MJ was screwed up because of being a JW-----but because he was abused by the one man who should have been there for him without having his fist clenched.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The mom was being "submissive"......if Michael wasn't into the Witness religion, why bother apologizing in the Awake for Thriller? Putting a Disclaimer in the Video which would be wierd to his fans....bothering to put on a disguise to go Witnessing....calling himself a Witness till the late 80's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit