Michael Jackson - Teenage Superstar Jehovah's Witness!!?...that's what killed him!

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mary
    Mary

Don't get me wrong W-007.....I'm not saying that he wasn't a JW----I just don't think he was seen as being a "strong in de troof" Witness. As to why he did the apology, hey---maybe the Borg made him an offer he couldn't refuse: 'Do the apology and we won't DF you----we'll only give you PR'. Which is apparently what he got.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Yeah because all witness families have fathers obsessed with their kids' fame to the point of abuse.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

There is no question that his family life, and most likely his own personal makeup, were big contributors to what he was. Perhaps even bigger than the JW's. Otherwise every person in his situation would be the same as he was. But why couldn't this "wonderful organization" help him. After all the FDS provides "food in due season". They sure missed out here. We can just imagine the conflict this poor guy went through. I doubt it's coincidence that one of the strangest brilliant people in our time was also some form of dub.

• Gayle
    Gayle

A double- whammy!!

http://blog.beliefnet.com/pontifications/2009/06/michael-jacksons-faith.html

This article shows some thoughts of Michael. Both parents were responsible for their dysfunction. An abusive father was horrible. Next to that the mother could only offer, the JW religion, which seemed to offer him a "day off" from their harsh-driven father. He was then driven to "pioneer" in costume. And then, in time, his two crazy worlds collided for him.

I am glad he found Paradise with his children.

• sspo
    sspo

Can't blame everything on the witnesses.

What happened to Elvis ? Did the witnesses kill him also.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

JW families come in all shapes and forms. I was raised a JW but my father was an UBM, so there was a lot more leeway for me in terms of having Thanksgiving and even a modicum of Christmas celebration with his family. That is so different from a family with an elder as the father. My parents allowed me to have non-JW friends, in fact, all my friends were non-JWs and I dated non-JWs. I wouldn't have gotten away with that if my family was like certain others I knew in the congregation. One family in particular I think must've been hellish to be in. I would've been forced to be baptized at a young age and special pioneer for the summer. Whereas in my case, I never had any strong pressure to get baptized. So a JW childhood means different things to different people, although there are commonalities we can all relate to.

• sspo
    sspo

Should parents or someone else be blamed for everything bad that happens in people's lives ?

Should the fact that he screwed up his face or his weirdness be blamed on his father or the witnesses ?

Should we also give his father some credit for the fact that MJ was one of the greatest entertainer in history

selling more than 750 million albums.

How about saying that what ever happened in his life he brought it upon himself.... good and bad.

It's time to stop blaming someone else for your life getting screwed up.

If lemons you were given ...... you know what to do with them.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My thread heading was ment to be "Teenage Superstar AND Jehovahs Witness" lead to his problems.

• VIII
    VIII

I haven't read the thread but I'll say this:

Venus and Serena seem to be doing very well for F'd up Teenage Superstars and Jehovahs Witness.

They even thank Jehovah etc.

I don't believe at all that the JWs F'd up Wacko Jacko. That was his brain chemicals and his father. IMO

• Mary
    Mary

Should parents or someone else be blamed for everything bad that happens in people's lives ?

Maybe not everything, but quite often they bare a huge part of responsibility.

Should the fact that he screwed up his face or his weirdness be blamed on his father or the witnesses ?

IMO, absolutely. Every child needs a STABLE, loving and supportive environment in which to grow up in. When you are constantly put down, beaten, yelled at for not being 'good enough' or for not doing enough, you take it as literal gospel and as a result, your emotional maturity is stunted and you do not grow up as a mentally and emotionally healthy person. Since the person had no choice as a child as to how they were raised, the blame most definitely goes to whoever screwed them up. In this case, I'd say the father bears the majority of the blame.

Should we also give his father some credit for the fact that MJ was one of the greatest entertainer in history

The only thing I'd credit the father for is moving the family to California. Michael was talented anyway. His father had absolutely no bearing on his talent anymore than Elvis' parents were responsible for his talent.

How about saying that what ever happened in his life he brought it upon himself.... good and bad.

While ultimately everyone is responsible for their own actions, life isn't that black and white. If parenting responsibilities did not have life-long effects on people, it wouldn't be that important of a job now would it? The truth of the matter is: we are all products of our environment. If you come from a completely unstable environment, you are bound to have mental and/or emotional problems and that is something that you can't just 'self-fix'.

It's time to stop blaming someone else for your life getting screwed up.

Sorry, I disagree. If someone else is responsible for screwing up your life, then that person most certainly SHOULD be blamed. If you had a dog or cat and beat it, constantly yelled at it, kicked it and abused it in other ways, that animal is not going to be emotionally stable. It's going to behave in a bizarre fashion because animals, like humans, need to be in a stable environment where they know they're safe.

Telling people to 'stop blaming someone else for your life' is a cop-out and trying to pass the buck from the person who was responsible for the shaping of a young life, to the victim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit