Please help me to chill .... quit bouncing off the walls....detox...

by SnakesInTheTower 29 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Snakes, you are just fully "Awake" right now. Let me tell you now, it's been a pure joy watching you wake up. Your story is amazing.

I still have trouble turning my mind off at night. It also seems the more tired my body is, the more my mind works overtime. Maybe it's cos the Witnesses kept us so damn busy we never learned to relax.

Void had a great idea. Stop and breathe. Things are running at lightning speed for you right now. Deep breaths.

*waves at Void, I have MISSED you, bro!*

• dinah
    dinah

Oh and the sex idea was a good one too. Tee hee hee

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You need to be a city council member. That'll keep you busy!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Snakes..In Canada there is`nt a single problem that can`t be fixed with a Beer!.....Have a Beer!......................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ynot... I was actually massaging her feet the other night...I loooovvvee giving massages...and not bad at it...and it feels good to my hands to be kneading muscles........problem is she feels so guilty that she is getting such a good end of the bargain....she wants me to be happy...she does not yet get it that making her happy makes me happy. Maybe that makes me one strange guy...I dunno.....

here are some things we already do...we do go to museums, coffee shops, etc...sometimes just us, often with her son.....she and I have started going to the gym..at first she wasn't so sure about it...but today (since my last post earlier)...she really enjoyed it.... we do that on Tuesday/Thursday after she gets off work but before I have to go to class... its a way for us to spend time together, be healthy, and not rush...and since the gym is literally in the same shopping plaza as her work and only a mile from my house...neither of us is rushing...today, I matched my speed on the treadmill to hers, but upped my incline for a challenge..and we were able to just talk while excercising...did a few other machines too...just starting to get a routine...

She is a ball of fire at work...moving constantly..so when she is done with work, she for good reason wants to slow down. I, on the other hand, do not move fast while working, especially in the heat. We are both biding our time for career moves...lol

nowman...I have always been too hard on myself.... she is helping me mellow....

purps... my fader friend also recommended that book again to me this evening ironically.....but also a variation on the book that is more condensed...I may revisit it. I get that it probably does some good.... this was part of a review for Practicing the Power of Now: "Are you always trying to get somewhere other than where you are? ... Is most of your doing just a means to an end?" yep..that sums me up pretty well.... and that second book may also be interesting...I will check into ordering both through the local library before purchasing this time.

restrangled....we should chat some time...lol.... I need a project...right now my "project" is: getting through the next 47 days of college and 4 classes without strangling anyone (tonight the online server crashed and my quiz was due at midnight...oops)

flipper... we have some similar tastes in music..we both like jazz and blues....... a movie has to be interesting to keep my attention...netflix and blockbuster memberships were a waste of money for me......lol......today at the gym she recommended a movie that I think will be interesting....she is going to send her son to his friend's house for his sleepover....rent the movie Saturday night for us.... I will fix us dinner...and yes, I can cook.

dinah:

Snakes, you are just fully "Awake" right now. Let me tell you now, it's been a pure joy watching you wake up. Your story is amazing.

thanks dear...maybe I should be writing this stuff down more...write a book one day..... I think experiencing all the new things is a bit overwhelming...like giving a hyper child even more candy and bright shiny things.... She is looking forward to all of my first holidays and birthdays..LOL.... its fun and frustrating for her at the same time...poor girl...

Oh and the sex idea was a good one too. Tee hee hee

As a gentleman, I'm not saying much on that topic...LOL ....other than this does not seem to be a problem...other than I need to live in the moment......ADD does not mix well.......and I am pretty certain those weren't complaints I heard...

elsewhere...huh? LOL... politics not so much... and I hate this f'ing town and its lazy ass politicians..I heard they laid off 26 employees today.

OUTLAW...mountain man, a good ice cold beer is nice occasionally...neither of us are big alcohol drinkers... messes with her diabetes and I cannot drink much in one sitting and be any good at anything.... coffee, on the other hand...my beautiful GF is always well-caffeinated ...LOL...she is addicted and I have to have coffee again too.

its after midnight..I sure hope this damn sleeping pill kicks in soon...I have to work all day tomorrow...

Snakes ()

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your an occasional Drinker and take sleeping pills..Good Lord Bud!..Sleeping pills knock me on my ass!.............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OUTLAW:

Sleeping pills knock me on my ass!.............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

One glass of wine, even with the pill, has little effect....more than one glass of wine..with or without a pill and I am lights out.

Coffee has little effect on my sleeping patterns.... I went 2 years without coffee..once I got past the withdrawal headaches.... just non caffeinated herbal teas for 2 years....still couldn't sleep...4 hours max.......now with the pills and the sleep number bed...I get 7-8 hours, depending on the mood of my cat...lol

sleeping pills do not so much put me to sleep as much as they do shut my mind off from racing.... only reason I am still on the computer, with most of the lights out in the house...is that I am no where close to sleep..and I cannot lie in bed wide awake....that makes me crazy.... I will listen to BBC America on the radio and drift off shortly...

Snakes ()

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Snakes..Wow!..You and I are sooooooooooo different..More than one cup of coffee and I don`t sleep..One sleeping pill and I don`t give a Rats Ass about anything..LOL!!..I could sleep for 10-12 hrs....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Dagney
    Dagney

Snakes, I agree with Dinah, it is a joy watching your life unfold and see you continue on your own terms.

Don't believe the stereotypes regarding men or women. Enjoy making each other happy, that is the best thing in life.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Life is indeed unfolding nicely... not without emotional collatoral damage.... ...will have to share some sad but interesting stories from the weekend regarding former JW friends. Some real eye opening incidents...... tells me I made the right choices regarding the cult....Its too early in the a.m to write coherently.

....but the net gain is having someone I love and loves me unconditionally.

however, I had an excellent weekend with GF and her son... except for Chuck E Cheese.... they should call it Chuck up Cheese. I am contacting their corporate office this week... that was the worst pizza I have ever eaten...and it made the GF sick to her stomach.

Off to bed....Monday is our day together...sans kids.....

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit