Guys I've been browsing other ex sites (Ex-Mormons, Ex-Scientologist) to see if they have anything near our experience and look what I found

by StoneWall 18 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Being born and raised a JW I didn't think any other religion or group of people could come close to having to deal

with what we do as far as loosing family,friends, workmates etc. because of beliefs.

When I read on Ex-Mormon and ex-scientologist sites it makes me sad that they too are going thru some horrendous

ordeals all because they see thru the BS and can no longer live like that.

If you check out the link to the ex-Scientologist thread read just the first page and tell me if that doesn't mirror some

of the exact things we're going thru and dealing with all in the name of "truth".

It makes me think of that Rudolph the red nosed reindeer cartoon around christmas time and the island of misfit toys

and how they really wasn't misfits at all but needed to be paired up with the right people.

All of the ex's from different backgrounds have so much in common.

Near the bottom of the page notice how they even talk about trying to fit in with normal, ordinary,average people

and the difficulties and challenges they face.

Makes me wish all the ex's of all faiths,backgrounds could come together to see we not so different after all and to

help each other heal.

Here's the link:http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=754

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Very interesting, Stonewall...marked so I can come back and check this out...

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Thanks for that, it was so interesting. If you take away some of the terminology they use in reference to scientology, it's just like reading an ex-jw forum - amazing

• penny2
    penny2

My neighbour is a strict baptist and I'm surprised sometimes how similar they sound to the JWs. He talks about his religion as "the truth". And some of the kids in his family were home schooled so they "wouldn't have to associate with the world."

• rebel8
  • shopaholic
    shopaholic

Thanks for the link Stonewall. I read through several of the topics and their experiences are very similar to ex-JWs. Lots of code language too. Very interesting stuff.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Just goes to show ALL organized religions are the same. None are better than others. They all strive to brainwash and control your thoughts.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Of course all organized religions are the same - and all cults are the same too. Don't confuse the two.

Oh, and don't get me wrong either - I worship the Jaguar... rowr!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm sure Reniaa and scholar will be here any minute to explain the difference between the JW truth and all the other truth out there!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I looked at an Ex-Mormon site a while back and was surprised to see how similar it was to my upbringing and feelings. It made me feel sad that others had to deal with the same kind of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit