Your All - Time Favorite Music Groups ? Solo Artist or Groups ?

by flipper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Mine in kind of this order Close give or take a few.

1. The Beatles

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Pink Floyd

4. Neil Young

5. Rolling Stones

6. Muddy Waters

7. Buddy Guy

8. The Doors

9. Donovan

10. Moody Blues

So ! What groups do you folks like ?? Look forward to hearing from you

• stillin
    stillin

excepting muddy waters and buddy guy, my list is very similar to yours. I have a pretty good collection of most of those. Steve Miller is playing right now, Mellancamp, Dire Straights, Clapton. Man, it's tough narrowing it all down!

• flipper
    flipper

STILLIN- I'm a big Ercic Clapton fan and Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler fan as well ! Nice picks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• m.seagull
    m.seagull

good picks ^

bob dylan, leonard cohen, elvis costello, paul westerberg, ron hawkins, dire straits,van morrison, paul weller

...or

the clash, psychedelic furs, the cure, brian ferry, the smiths, mazzy star, tori amos, joy division, galaxie 500, luna, beautiful south

...or

keyboard cat

• stillin
    stillin

the clash! my knee-jerk reaction to them years ago was "that's not music!" But I've developed a newfound respect for their intensity. Should I stay or should I go...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Easy!

The The. No other group comes close for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lel0PzhU6Pk&feature=related

The video sucks but at least you can hear the music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF8VJMYYOhQ&feature=related

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

founded in the 1960s: The Beatles, The Yardbirds, Jefferson Airplane, Simon & Garfunkel, Chocolate Watch Band, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin

founded in the 1970s: Roxy Music, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Ultravox, Blondie, The B-52s, Television, Gary Numan and Tubeway Army, The Ramones, Rush, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

founded in the 1980s: Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, R.E.M., Eurythmics, The Smiths, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sonic Youth, The Cure, The Pixies, Metallica, Nirvana

founded in the 1990s: Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Dubstar, The Cardigans, The Verve, Oasis, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, P. J. Harvey, Curve, Cat Power, Korn, Live, Linkin Park

founded in the 2000s: Metric, Broken Social Scene, Let's Go Sailing, Minipop, Los Camposinos!, Minus the Bear, Silversun Pickups, The Knife, Rilo Kiley, MGMT, Tegan & Sara, Interpol

My top three favorite for each are in bold and my favorite of these is underlined. But I am sure there are some big omissions that I've left out.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Frank Zappa,

Mothers of invention.

Free

Spirit

Blue Oyster Cult

Golden earing

Todd Rundgren

Andreas Volllenwider.

Neil Young

The Kinks

Beatles

Stones

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Which do you like to play when you beat inmates, JaguarBass?

BTS

• Ohio Nana
    Ohio Nana

JIM CROCE!!!!!!!!

O.N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit