Why's everybody getting divorced????!

by homeschool 43 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'm not getting divorced. We both got married at 18, got JW'd at 22, marriage under real strain for the next 21 years, divorce came close a few times, once or twice I left him. Finally left JWland together and he is my bestest buddy of all time now. Love that guy to bits. Married 27 years this year, 4 kids, mortgage, the works. Our secret? We got out. If we hadn't, it'd all be over by now.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Spike tassel -

Craziness goes against the principle of perpetual reasonableness???

What do you mean by this?

Maybe if more couples had some crazy sex, there would be fewer divorces.....

• yknot
    yknot

Sometimes one person compromises the respect and trust of the other party and is unable to gain it back through their actions and words.

(Yknot and hubby are still in weekly counseling after his e-adultery 7 months ago)

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To palmtree67 (Post 142)
    • You might want to look up "crazy" in a dictionary such as the 3-volume Webster's Third New International Dictionary, which I have a copy of. I'm not referring to "excellent" or "very good", modern corruptions of the term "crazy". The consequences of sex [and every other action, for that matter] need to be considered each and every time. Transmission of disease, sperm, and other bodily fluids is just one area of issues [double meaning intended], which can and do have life-altering consequences to the parties involved.

Thank you, yknot, for your sobering Post 4516, highlighting the need for respect and trust. Craziness tends to throw respect and trust out the window, even when it is engaged in by just the 2 legitimately-marital partners, I reckon.
    — Spike Tassel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit