Why's everybody getting divorced????!

by homeschool 43 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

This is insanity! Literally four couples that I know closely & personally have told me in the last two weeks that they are divorcing their spouses. And there are a couple on here whom I've discovered are separating as well (these two I do not know personally, but I'm a little surprised & saddened regardless). WHY is everyone getting divorced? How do you know when it's time to throw in the towel? What makes a couple know they need to keep fighting for love? What makes a couple realize there's no more future for them?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah's not their first relationship at the breaking point. At least one someone's mistakes have become front and centre. — Spike Tassel.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People sometimes aren't careful enough in choosing a marriage partner. Then stress and/or selfishness take take their toll.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Some people don't look before they leap.

Yiz

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't have tremendous faith in marriage. It's nice when you see one that is happy and productive though.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Has anyone Read the Five Love Languages of Love? It sounds a little Foo Foo, but its a really good book. FlyingHighNow, when you say they're not careful when choosing a mate, what do you mean by that? Is it important to find someone with your same interests? It seems like I know a lot of couples who are opposites but seem to be happy. ?

• awildflower
    awildflower

I can say that living as a very dedicated JW and my husband living a very dedicated military career, took a huge toll on this marriage. He retired and has to learn who he is and what he wants, I came out of the org and have to do the same. We are not the same people we were 15 years ago.............wf

• sacolton
    sacolton

Lump me into that statistic. I never saw it coming until it was too late.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sacolton?? Are you divorced?

• oompa
    oompa

I think a lot of people really love marriage......that is why they only fool around with married people......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit