Why's everybody getting divorced????!

by homeschool 43 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Relationships have a certain shelf life. If you draw up paperwork to formalize one and then come upon the expiration date, you could have to file more paperwork to end it.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Why I got a Divorce, when the man tries to kill you, Its time to get out.

He tried to drown me, he tried to suffocating me, he tried to run me over with the car.

I am Married to a real sweet man, we have been Married 11 years, we have been Happy together 26 years.

It took me 15 years to trust a man again.

This man is my Friend and my lover.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey sacolton - sorry to hear about that!!! I hope that you get through this.

I've never been married, doubt I ever will. Too many people feel they are incomplete and looking for that special someone to complete them or to satisfy something they lack, or to treat them like a princess - they have an unrealistic view of marriage and how it should pan out. Now I am complete and don't have that need (though I understand it's great to share with others - I get that & the companionship aspect , but I could share that with a good friend)

• steve2
    steve2

Powerful post Barbie Doll. Glad you got out before he took you out!Best.

• dozy
    dozy

At least 50% of the JWs of my generation are now divorced - some now remarried. A few have "zombie" marriages - staying together for family or friends & to keep JW privileges, but both lead essentially separate lives. Some marriages are prospering (including mine , thank goodness). Among other factors , I think the main problem was that too many got married too young - at 17 or 18 , what chance did they have? There is far too much pressure on young JWs to rush into marrying the first person they date.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

• The attitudes of 2 Timothy 3:1-5 aren't being counteracted by Galatians 5:22-23.
    • A lack of spiritual maturity, a lack of sensitivity to the needs of their life partner, a lack of appreciation of their vows, taking their BFF for granted.
    — Spike Tassel.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

People do it all back to front. They get married too young and often based on passion and quaint notions of romantic love. It's not about passion and 'romance' and sex and excitement. It's about friendship and companionship for life.

My advice is don't get married as long as there is lots of romance and crazy sex and excitement. When all of that settles down and you finally realise you are still best friends and you can't imagine not ever being together, then get married.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To yadda yadda 2 (Post 637)
    • Sex is still disrespectful, if it's outside of marriage. And craziness goes against the principle of perpetual reasonableness.
    — Spike Tassel.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why's everybody getting divorced????!

Because women can get to be annoying after a while.

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Actually, of al the people I know, NO ONE is divorced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit