Why's everybody getting divorced????!

by homeschool 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Has anyone Read the Five Love Languages of Love? It sounds a little Foo Foo, but its a really good book. Homeschool

I have and shared it with my kids. It has helped our relationship. For Fathers Day my girls papered the house with post-it notes, after their dad went to bed. They used a whole stack of them to leave messages of appreciation & thanks everywhere. He said it was the best ever! Love notes would be at the bottom of my list. I'd be sitting around giving him my full attention listening to him ( bored silly , trying to keep my eyes from rolling to the back of my head) without that book. The book has helped all of us except each others differences and demonstrate our love in a way that we each as an individual receives it best.

We have had a LOOOOOONG 30 years together, many ups & downs. There have been several times when we have spent months where the nearest thing to sex we have had is passing each other in the hall & murmering F&$% Y*@ . We eventually work through it & our marriage improves. It's hard , but don't expect it to be easy .We stick together because we don't believe it would be better to part.The working through of the problems has helped us to grow in many ways.

BF

• homeschool
    homeschool

I'm sincerely curious as to what makes people realize its time to quit.....or what makes them keep fighting for love.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

LOL oompa ...

You made me laugh so hard, It's too early for me to get all wound up. LOL

Wanna come to our party here in Texas?

• awildflower
    awildflower

It's time to quit when there is no anger, hurt, jealousy, bad intent or any other negative thing left. It sounds weird but it's true. When you can both walk away being friends then it's time.......wf

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I was lucky that I didn't end up marrying the previous g/fs that I once had, because I'd prolly end up in a divorce.

But the third was the charm and we're married for life.

I love my wife dearly.

Yiz

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, my wife of 8 years has decided she has had enough of me. She isn't in love with me anymore, so we are separated. Divorce papers are being drawn up.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Greetings sacolton, from okc as well........I agree, sometimes the damage has already been done..........wf

• Nowman
    Nowman

Farrah Faucet had said this once, "marriage takes the romance out of a relationship"...I read this recently, I am not sure I disagree.

Nikki

• m.seagull
    m.seagull

WHY is everyone getting divorced? How do you know when it's time to throw in the towel? What makes a couple know they need to keep fighting for love? What makes a couple realize there's no more future for them

I think you work at it until you reach a dead end. If there is no love left then the marriage is over IMO. If you still love each other and it's buried under years of resentment then you work through that.

I'm a very non-commital person, I hate feeling trapped and imagined that marriage would do that to me. I didn't marry until I was 34 for that reason. But once I do commit to anything, I'll see it through until the bitter end.

I think though, if the other person quits loving you, then you have to walk away.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Crap Sacolton. I am sorry to hear this. Best of luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit