Information Control & Thought Control - Newbies Check Steve Hassan Out !

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Flipper, good reminders. Something we all need in these "Last Days"! And you know why they're called "the Last Days"... because they last, and last, and last, and last!

Are you getting an ad for scientology.org on this page? It's creeping me out.

Paul said, "let the women keep silent..., for it is not permitted for them to speak, but let them be in subjection, even as the Law says." No he wasn't speaking of any law from Christ Jesus. Paul remained a Pharisee enslaved to the Jewish Law throughout his life. Women were to be treated as property, possessions of their husbands. And Paul liked to circumcise young men, such as Timothy, even when it was established as unnecessary by the Jerusalem "Governing Body". The "Governing Body" of today adopts that same spirit of selecting parts of the Old Jewish Testament that fit into their "us vs. them", "we are the inspired, unerring leaders" view. And they've embraced the pharisees practices of disfellowshipping, setting up their own traditions to "safeguard" the law, etc. Even their idea of a "Governing Body" is based, not on anything Christian in the first century. Nope. It's based on the Jewish Sanhedrin... in Jerusalem. Anything dating to first century christianity is far too unstructured for Watchtower Corporation to control and ca$h in on.

B the X

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

" Cult members are taught that the leader is always correct, and are not allowed to doubt or question him or her. Thoughts that go along with the leader are good. Any other thoughts need to be pushed down by chanting , praying, or speaking in tongues. Any negative feelings are always blamed on the individual. "

If you are a newbie, just try a little experiment. Try saying that WT might not be the truth, it could be wrong. The Governing Body could not be spirit-directed. If you are able to do that, and are brave enough, try saying it to another JW.

Why were you unable to say it to another JW or if you were able, why did they react so?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• flipper
    flipper

ALL TIME JEFF- I agree that SOME religions have had to adapt to more liberal thinking as to avoid appearing cult like. I feel that non-demonitional churches are somewhat less rigid from what I've noticed. Very true- don't think the witnesses will get liberal any time soon.

BILLY the EX-BETHELITE- Indeed these days definitely do last and last. They'll go on forever in " this system " in my opinion. Yes I am getting an ad for Scientology - creeps me out as well. Weirdos. Also - I agree with you that Jehovah's Witnesses are very much like the Pharisees in Jesus time. They put great burdens on their members to their own detriment.

OTWO- Good little test you put out there for any JW or newbie to ask a fellow witness. I'm sure newbies or lurking witnesses who ask that will get quite the emotional response ! Perhaps it will open their eyes further to how much a cult Jehovah's Witnesses are

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this up as I've got to work all night so feel free to comment ! Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up for the newbies or anyone who wanted to comment. Thanks

• flipper
    flipper

Any newbies out there ?? Bump. Bump. This information will help you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this thread up for any new members on the board who haven't read Hassan's information. Thought you'd enjoy it. All comments welcome

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Combatting Cult Mind Control: You can order it, used, from Amazon for less than $10, here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0892813113/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246569420&sr=8-1

Releasing the Bonds: You can order it online from the Free Minds store for less than $30, here:

http://freeminds.org/sales/#books (Scroll down.)

• reniaa
    reniaa

New members should also be aware steve hassans very general points condemn jesus as a cult leader if you apply them and in fact all religion would be condemned by this spray gun type generalisation over what makes religion cults. You could also apply it to non-religious settings like the army that requires complete obedience and secrecy, work places don't escape either with their heirachy systems.

You could probably apply it took working at madonalds and being forced to wear colourful uniforms, funky hats and smile to every customer.

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit