For those who eat meat , Do you prefer beef, pork, poultry or seafood?

by StoneWall 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am very picky with meat. When preparing, I have to cut every piece of fat, gristle, veiny looking thingies and other oddities that by the time I am done with it, a chicken breast or steak becomes the size of an Hors' Duerves! Not to mention that it has to be cooked very well. Any signs of pink meat, red juices and I will literally want to gag.

It makes my Dog very happy though, She's not near as picky, and gets lots of good meat scraps

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Seafood - fish that is; they don't scream, and it's a bit "nicer" than what goes on in slaughterhouses. I try to cut down on meat; in stead of much meat and little vegetables, then the other way round. Makes it better to sleep, not THAT much screaming to think about.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Seafood is awesome. When trying to please different people, a mix of seafood and chicken is typically easiest.

Some will have a problem with beef and many will have a problem with pork.

You can also stick to one meat, no matter what, but have plenty of side dishes that include potatoes, veggies, salads.
    That way, the ones with a problem have something to choose.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

All of them are delicious if you prepare them right.

A lovely aged beef steak - I prefer it plain with a lil bit of seasoning - done in a hot hot pan or griddle, no oil - mmmm had that for dinner last night - medium rare.

Lamb is always great roasted with garlic and rosemary.

Chicken - I usually prefer it done over a braai - such flavor. Or you can roast it with garlic, rosemary and orange - mmm mmmm mmmm

Seafood - prawns YUM - cajun style or slightly fried in garlic butter. I love my sashimi Salmon and Tuna - yes please

Pork - roasted WITH the crackling done super well. You can resist bacon and porkies.

And I love my veggies too. Food is just so great. and that is why I shall never be a skinny girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit