What Was YOUR Worst Quality As A JW?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LeHarlot
    LeHarlot

That question reminds me of a Sunday talk given many years ago regarding sins. The brother explained he used to have a bad habit of "scanning women's bodies" with his eyes. He then asked the audience to take a moment and write down our bad habit(s) to work on. I glanced over at my husbands notebook...he had written "bad habit to break: scanning men's bodies".

Seriously though, my worst quality was being a judgemental little wench.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Having Been Born-In

I had no clue as to how

Life REALLY worked!!

WT trained brain...............DUH

No taste in clothes either

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Did not buy into extreme thinking that was out of harmony with what I perceived God to be ie: Jehovah will destroy people 'cause they did not listen to my inept witness and what about countries that did not have a christian background more than two thirds of the world's population that have never even seen a bible let alone a WT..........I spoke to DF ones and tried to encourage them to come back even had them over for dinner. Had a beard not because I was rebellious I was loyal to the concept I believed at the time ie that the GB was doing their best to follow the scriptures and lead us in harmony with Jah's spirit.......dressed well at the meeting did not always wear a tie. When asked by the Elders why I didn't always sit through the meeting and would often stand outside talking to other brothers. I told them I had piles... no tie ashma... beard skin rash from shaving they had no answer to medical reasons and just left me alone. I helped at quickbuilds and in trucking for assemblies I owned a truck and had a good relationship with the Elders often having a beer with them during these projects but I did not suck up to them. My worst quality from an organizational viewpoint was I was not a sycophant which I suspect many elders secretly admired. My worst quality genarally was being a dickhead and ignoring all the warning signs that the claims of the Org on my loyality were bogus.

• loosie
    loosie

judgemental and I hated going out in service. that's a weird combo.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I tended to not follow through with calls--instead of getting lots of studies, I had a call book full of lots of dead calls (that is, those who are out of date). And I wouldn't be aggressive enough about getting people to donate for the littera-trash.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

first, self righteousness

Then, curiosity

and finally, asking questions.

I guess the answer depends on whether you are wanting to know the qualities that were worst to the JWs or worst in retrospect. I think the last two were considered weaknesses in the congregation, but the first one is so prevalent and accepted so as to be an invisible thing in the cong.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Interesting question. I'm not sure. I was pretty hard on myself. I also gave others too much credit.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was judgemental too.

Like Blondie I'm probably not considered a good example as a submissive woman. My husband has no complaints but for some reason lots of JW men seem to think that all women in the congregation are in subjection to them. They want the women to be Stepford wives.

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

hypocracy - i am guilty of it now, i know the truth about the "truth" but can't bring myself to do too much about it at the moment.

I suppose it is part of who i am, being born in etc - I am able to hold two truths in my head at one time, and see the irony of both.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Judging others that were not of the fold!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit