What Was YOUR Worst Quality As A JW?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of JWs are arrogant. They believe they're simply better than everyone else.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hard-hearted, judgmental, dogmatic and arrogant. Ok thats 4 but I can't choose a worst one, I was equally good at all of them.

• minimus
    minimus

so, we all are guilty.

• blondie
    blondie

The brothers didn't think I was very submissive (actually a lot of sisters thought the same thing)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Gulliable.

• minimus
    minimus

Many JWs think they're authorities on everything and expect you to obey them....and not just elders.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

From the JW point of view: Some say I'm from the liberal wing. I question too much, and as an elder I don't excercise my 'power' as (they think) I should.

From a non-JW perspective: the quality I fight the most is the "moral-superiority" attitude. Right now I have it down on it's knees; I believe that by the time I manage to erradicate every judgemental trait in my personality, I'll stop being a JW.

• Lieu
    Lieu

I refused to make fun of other people. General non-conformist type A.

I had my own thoughts which didn't coincide with "group think"; that seemed to piss people off.

I also like to ask questions 'cause I thought I was supposed to be learning stuff ... My bad.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Now I would say it's a good thing:

BUt I used to go right up to DF people and talk to them --even joke with them. They always would sit in the very back of the Hall. Afterwards, I was like: "oh, now the elders are going to talk to me about what I did," but none of them ever did. Maybe they pretended not to see me talking with the df ones.

It wasn't my nature to just ignore someone--regardless of what their "sin" was.

YC

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For me it had to be that I was trained to be judgmental

Same here minimus. It turned me into an arrogant little shit. Then one diehard society loyalist elder told me "Stillajwexelder, you are a judge scripturally. You are an appointed elder and thus an "under-judge" of Christ Jesus". I resigned 3 months later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit